Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

FickleGM

Explorer
buzz said:
We're all friendly, respectful folk. There's no need to fear us. :)

Except for Rob. Definitely stay away from him. Oh, and try to keep your hands away from his mouth.
No offense, buzz, but rationality has no place in the world of irrational social anxiety. ;)

You'll find that if I get comfortable, I am very social and easy going. If I'm not comfortable, however, I would be hard pressed to even show up, let alone talk to anyone. I told Hobo that if he goes, I'll go. Joe and Suzi being there would make it that much easier.

Then after I meet y'all, I may try to show up regularly. :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
FickleGM said:
No offense, buzz, but rationality has no place in the world of irrational social anxiety. ;)

You'll find that if I get comfortable, I am very social and easy going. If I'm not comfortable, however, I would be hard pressed to even show up, let alone talk to anyone. I told Hobo that if he goes, I'll go. Joe and Suzi being there would make it that much easier.

For what it's worth, I've found this group of Chicago Gamedayers to be a great group of people. I've made many friends here.

Except for Barrendd Nobeard. Gotta watch out for him. (Rumor has it that he LOVES Synnibarr.)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
jgbrowning said:
Suzi and I have some business in Chicago and we could plan the trip around Gamesday. So when things get to the signup stage expect to see us there. :)

joe b.

Cool! I look forward to meeting the publishers of my only published work to date. :cool:

[Seeds: Fantasy II - Kelly Johnson - if anyone was wondering...]

buzz

Adventurer
FickleGM said:
Gotcha! If there is anything that we can do to help put you at ease, let me know.

But the real question now is, since Reidzilla ganked my idea for running Trail of Cthulhu, should I instead run some Unknown Armies? UA is a really disturbing RPG, ergo, perfect for Gameday! Hmm...

FickleGM

Explorer
buzz said:
Gotcha! If there is anything that we can do to help put you at ease, let me know.

But the real question now is, since Reidzilla ganked my idea for running Trail of Cthulhu, should I instead run some Unknown Armies? UA is a really disturbing RPG, ergo, perfect for Gameday! Hmm...
Nah, I'll be fine. It just helps get me there if there is someone who I know. You should have seen how scared I was to introduce myself to Piratecat and Dextra at GenCon a few years back. My wife basically told me that if I didn't go up and say hi, she was going to do it for me. Piratecat, for crying out loud...the least intimidating, most at ease EN Worlder I've met. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
buzz said:
Well, I'd think that the player sign-up thread should go live on 5/25, as that'll give us three weeks of sign-up.

Okie doke.

buzz said:
Oh, and breakfast...

I'm thinking we free-form it this time around. I.e., we designate a general time when people should start showing up, and make an effort to sit in the same area. Hopefully, that'll get Le Peep serving people immediately. Then people can maybe just swing by other folks' tables and say hi, but otherwise be on their own timetable.

Thoughts?

I've got a few coupons for them that are good through June or August, but they always mention that only one can be used per table, so this might be the way to go. We'll have to link up before then so I can pass them along to you.

jgbrowning said:
Suzi and I have some business in Chicago and we could plan the trip around Gamesday. So when things get to the signup stage expect to see us there. :)

joe b.

Excellent!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
FickleGM said:

You'd better start showing up regularly!

As always,
Marcus Americus :)

rvalle

First Post
buzz said:
Oh, and breakfast...

I'm thinking we free-form it this time around. I.e., we designate a general time when people should start showing up, and make an effort to sit in the same area. Hopefully, that'll get Le Peep serving people immediately. Then people can maybe just swing by other folks' tables and say hi, but otherwise be on their own timetable.

Thoughts?

I think this is a good idea.

If I get there early I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else shows up to share the table.

rv

FickleGM

Explorer
Mark said:
You'd better start showing up regularly!

As always,
Marcus Americus :)
Well, I guess that I do know who you are and I've even met you a few years back at GenCon (I didn't say much, but I remember you). I'll try to say more than a couple words when next we meet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads