Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
WJMacGuffin said:
Is there still room to run something in the AM? I'm not sure what I'd run yet-I'm at work and my mind keeps drifting to that big pile o' paperwork on my desk--but I'm already running the PM Paranoia XP game and I'm not sure if we can double up yet.
There is definitely room.

However, I didn't mean to alarm anyone. Player sign-up won't start for almost two more weeks, so there is time for more people to come forward. Nobody should feel they need to double-up (or GM, period) just yet. I'd rather people run events because they are passionate about doing so, not because they feel pressure to.

(I was planning to run two events this time around if there's room; I am just waiting to see how the schedule comes together.)

TracerBullet42

First Post
Hobo said:
I'd love to come again, and I can fill one of the holes in the morning—there's always at least half a dozen games bouncing around in my head that I could shake loose.

However, I'd need to come Friday night rather than leave at 4-5 in the morning on Saturday, and I don't want to stay in a hotel again—we've got some other plans for my tax rebate funds. Would anyone around there that remembers me and wouldn't mind be willing to offer me a couch to crash on Friday night or something like that?

I'm still not 100% confirmed, but if I can get a place to stay, then my liklihood goes way up, and I'll find out right away and claim a slot in the morning to run. I'd probably run something that's low to mid-level 3.5 D&D with a strong Cthulhu-like vibe, although I'm also tempted to make a d20 Modern version of Werewolf Women of the S.S.
You're the poster formerly known as Joshua Dyal, yes? I might be able to find a couch for you at my place. (We have an extra bedroom, actually, so you could probably use that.) I'm not too far from the store. Let me check with my roommates, first, though.

Oh, hey, I made a significant error by not looking at my plans. Sorry! There is no way that I can come to Chicago and run a D&D game in the morning after all, guys.

Once I confirm my availability for the weekend (will do tonight) I will propose the Dread game that I could come to Chicago and run in the morning, though. :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hobo said:
Oh, hey, I made a significant error by not looking at my plans. Sorry! There is no way that I can come to Chicago and run a D&D game in the morning after all, guys.

Once I confirm my availability for the weekend (will do tonight) I will propose the Dread game that I could come to Chicago and run in the morning, though. :)

Everyone just slowly back up. The two distinct personalities are beginning to emerge. This can result in either a great game or for his head to explode. Well worth watching, in any event.

I'm con-fus-ed.

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. The probability of me coming or not hasn't changed between those two posts; I just remembered that I've been jonesing to run a Dread one-shot at some venue for a long time. If I run anything, that's what it's going to be.

buzz

Adventurer
Joshua, I would totally have offered you a place to stay, but we actually have a house-guest that weekend (who will be coming to Gameday, woo!). Not to mention, you get to sleep in later if you find someone closer. :)

If things don't work out, though, I'll see what I can do.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Hobo said:
Would anyone around there that remembers me and wouldn't mind be willing to offer me a couch to crash on Friday night or something like that?
TracerBullet42 said:
Let me check with my roommates, first, though.
Alrighty...there's room at my place if you need somewhere to crash for the night. If you want it, it's available. Just give me a little bit of notice so I know.

I'll give you notice—I had planned on knowing last night if I was coming or not.

However, I was really busy last night and completely forgot to talk about it with my wife to make sure we didn't have any other plans that would make coming difficult.

I'll try and call her today, but I know she's going with my son on a field trip, so I'll probably have to wait until tonight to try again.

FickleGM

Explorer
Hobo said:
Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. The probability of me coming or not hasn't changed between those two posts; I just remembered that I've been jonesing to run a Dread one-shot at some venue for a long time. If I run anything, that's what it's going to be.
If you run a Dread game, I'm refreshing the forums continuously on signup day until Buzz has the thread up...I NEED TO GET IN THAT GAME!

I've never played Dread before, and I would like to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads