Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Hobo said:
I'll give you notice—I had planned on knowing last night if I was coming or not.

However, I was really busy last night and completely forgot to talk about it with my wife to make sure we didn't have any other plans that would make coming difficult.

I'll try and call her today, but I know she's going with my son on a field trip, so I'll probably have to wait until tonight to try again.
A few days notice ought to be fine...no rush.

Just remember to bring toilet paper. (Not a Scrubs fan, by chance, are you?)

(And I'm kidding about the toilet paper.)

Jaws

First Post
FickleGM said:
If you run a Dread game, I'm refreshing the forums continuously on signup day until Buzz has the thread up...I NEED TO GET IN THAT GAME!

I've never played Dread before, and I would like to play.
I'll come down to play that, too.

j.

I thought I had a scheduling conflict, but that appears to have been based on confusion on my part. I think I will be able to make it, so I'll volunteer to run a D&D 4e game. Title and blurb to follow.

I'm happy to run it in the morning slot, since that's where there is a need for more games, but I notice that the only scheduled 4e game is in the morning. Buzz, if you think it would be better to spread out the 4e options, feel free to put me in the afternoon instead.

Pbartender

First Post
Cerebral Paladin said:
I thought I had a scheduling conflict, but that appears to have been based on confusion on my part. I think I will be able to make it, so I'll volunteer to run a D&D 4e game. Title and blurb to follow.

I'm happy to run it in the morning slot, since that's where there is a need for more games, but I notice that the only scheduled 4e game is in the morning. Buzz, if you think it would be better to spread out the 4e options, feel free to put me in the afternoon instead.

Of course, a 4E game is probably going to be a guaranteed sell-out... It'll only have been out for a week.

It might not matter if we both run in the morning.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'd bet you could run several 4E games in each slot and fill them up early.

Assuming everything works out, we should continue the tradition of having an "invitation only" game on Friday night, yes? That was fun last time.

FickleGM

Explorer
Pbartender said:
Of course, a 4E game is probably going to be a guaranteed sell-out... It'll only have been out for a week.

It might not matter if we both run in the morning.
I hope you're right. That leaves me a better chance to get into Hobo's Dread game. :)

Pbartender

First Post
FickleGM said:
I hope you're right. That leaves me a better chance to get into Hobo's Dread game. :)

Define "better"... ;)

Last fall, I ran a Dread game for four players. Buzz posted the sign-ups at 5:00 pm, and the Dread game filled up by 8:00 am the next morning. And it wasn't the first to fill up.

Besides which, there'll be as much competition for players in the morning from Feng Shui, Paranoia and Cthulhu, as there will from 4E... There's lots of good options there.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Hobo said:
Assuming everything works out, we should continue the tradition of having an "invitation only" game on Friday night, yes? That was fun last time.

If you are going to be in early enough on Friday evening, we could certainly run something then, too. Got any interest in regular minis wargaming?

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Oooh, Dread. I wants.

Sadly, I don't work near a computer, so I am regularly screwed when it comes to getting into the games I want to play.

Except for the Antioch gameday, where the mods were awesome enough to sign me up in absentia... and for which I naturally ended up having to work that weekend.

*sigh*

As for me running something, nothing is really grabbing my attention right now, I've run all the games I feel competent to run at least once by now (except Dread, which was what I was thinking of running this time, but I'd so rather play). So, I may just end up playing two games this time out.

Assuming I can get into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads