Christian Magic

Garnfellow

Explorer
I'd strongly recommend looking at Green Ronin's Medieval Player's Manual, written by David Chart. Chart is an important Ars Magica designer, and brings many of that game's sensibilities to his book. This is an excellent resource for someone who wants to run a D&D game in a medieval European setting. There are some nice rules for saints, Christian relics, and charms.

Chart also wrote Atlas Games's Black Monks of Glastonbury, a d20/Ars Magica adventure that works well with the Medieval Player's Manual.

kirinke

First Post
well, i'd read up on my bible stories to get ideas.
the old 2e sticks to snakes was a direct rip-off from them and alot of the early priest spells looked like they were also inspired by those stories.

for God, i'd say his domains are (no disrespect intended)
creation, good, healing, law, air, destruction, knowledge, strength, protection. War. Death.

Last edited:

Nisarg

Banned
Banned
If you spoke/read spanish I would recommend the spanish game Aquelarre, which is exactly up this alley (ultra "realistic" medieval magic based on what people thought magic was like at the time).

Nisarg

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
kirinke said:
well, i'd read up on my bible stories to get ideas.
the old 2e sticks to snakes was a direct rip-off from them and alot of the early priest spells looked like they were also inspired by those stories.

for God, i'd say his domains are (no disrespect intended)
creation, good, healing, law, air, destruction, strength, protection.

Didn't he start out as a sun god? If so, you might add Sun to those. Also maybe War, to keep crusaders in his portfolio. I'd say Death too, if it were less about making undead and more about the hereafter.

If you want a more gnostic or mystic christian god, give him all the domains.

Emirikol

Adventurer
This thread isn't what I thought it was going to be.

I would pick up the Dragon magazines with the two adventures:

Dark Times in Sherwood
Holy Cross (somethingoranother) 3.5 (meaning since issue #82..or so)

You can search for them using the file in my SIG (below).

jh

Turanil

First Post
Garnfellow said:
I'd strongly recommend looking at Green Ronin's Medieval Player's Manual

It's also what I recommend. I wrote a review on that book, which can be found on the review section of Enworld.

kirinke

First Post
probably Dr. Awkward, but i also think he might have started out as a storm god too.
honestly dunno. but i'm just going from what i remember from the old bible stories and the things he and his agents did in em. But then, i haven't read up on the bible in jiminy, ages.

Last edited:

Remove ads