• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
Xael said:
OOC: I suppose this is the adventure for high-level characters. Nezrak is 150 experience under 3rd level, but that probably doesn't help much if this is a short and bloody one. I'll let the 3+ level characters join first and see if there's still room.

ooc: The adventure is open to all, but first level characters are not recomended. Second level should be fine, if you are carefull. I'm hoping for a group of no less than 4 and no more than 8.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Hey Sara! This seems right up our alley! The road wardens are a reputable organization. What say we get a group together." Iggy then blushes shyly. "Maybe you could ask that group over there." he whispers to Sara, pointed at Charlarn, Rinaldo and co.

Sara looks over the notice. "Well, less money than my last gig paid, but we can keep all the stuff they stole... and I can actually understand the deal on this one... man I don't know who wrote the last notice I responded to.... What you don't want tokeep all the loot for ourselves?" She grins and strides over to the goup at the other table. "Hey there, I'm Sara. My wizard and I were considering this latest offer - not much guaranteed cash, but if the bandits have been doing well we could end up pretty well off. You guys interested in helping us out?"

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo attention is drawn to the notice as Ashnar mention it. He stands up and starts to read it.

"Hmmm. Not really the kind of work I was expecting to do. I doubt my good words would be enough to convince Mirnot. The name sounds kind of familiar. Must have been some other traders who have fallen under his attack. There is a few name that come and goes, hard to remember all of them."

He walk back to his table and sits down.

"Highwaymen. That's sound just like... easy." he says with a smile "Hey, I'm just amazed to see how many different creatures have tried to kill me. Some bandits lack originalities." Rinaldo takes his glass of wine and take a sip to find it empty. "Silly, I already finish it."

He stares for a moment at the notice from where he is sitting, his mind obviously wandering somewhere. "Well, there next target may be me, or one of my friend. I think it might be better to do something about it. Charlan, Ashnar, you've both shown courage, and I think I couldn't do less then you, if one of you want to go on that one, I'll follow and offer my tongue and rapier to help you. And if they are so tough, they surely will have a nice loot."

Patlin

Explorer
Attack on the Bandit Camp

The adventure thread is here once you all organize a group. The first post simply is to get things going and make some housekeeping requests.

Xaov

First Post
In form the windy outside, Enialis heads to the bar.
Hey there Barkeep mind if I purchase a nice cool water from you?

Upon being asked to by Joe, Enialis announces Greetings all my name is Enialis McVayne, I'm from a farm just west of here. I'm here because to find some wor... Enialis turns his attention to the group forming inside (the attack on the bandit camp quest starting up) and heads over to investigate.

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Knight Otu said:
Seeing Joe post up the note, Ashnar stands up and reads it. "I think this may be of interest to us, my friends."
"Let me see." Charlarn gets off his chair and reads the announcement. "Hmm. A chance to swoop in and grab a bandit leader. It'll keep my mind off of Irene's fate."
Velmont said:
"Well, there next target may be me, or one of my friend. I think it might be better to do something about it. Charlan, Ashnar, you've both shown courage, and I think I couldn't do less then you, if one of you want to go on that one, I'll follow and offer my tongue and rapier to help you. And if they are so tough, they surely will have a nice loot."
"Aye, brewing potions is rather expensive. If you want to come, I'd be glad to have you."
Kahuna Burger said:
he grins and strides over to the goup at the other table. "Hey there, I'm Sara. My wizard and I were considering this latest offer - not much guaranteed cash, but if the bandits have been doing well we could end up pretty well off. You guys interested in helping us out?"
Charlarn looks at the warrior. He looks at Ashnar and Rinaldo, then smiles at Sara. "I think we have some experience hunting bandits. I'm Charlarn of Phyrah and these are my friends, Rinaldo and Ashnar. Who may you be?"

OOC: crafted potion of cure moderate wounds: 150 gp, 12 xp, 30 craft
crafted scroll of cure light wounds (x5), caster level 1: 62.5 gp, 5 xp, 10 craft points
crafted potion of cure light wounds, caster level 1 (x6): 150 gp, 12 xp, 30 craft points

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious O'Reilly

Iggy has walked up, staying behind Sara's protective frame. Now he steps out. He bows low, displaying typical halfling flexibility. "I am Ignatious O'Reilly. I am a Diviner, and have seen my share of action myself. Sara and I have fought a Doppleganger, and I have recently returned from an expedition in which we killed a dragon." Here Iggy pauses and guages the reaction. "It was a small dragon, " he admits.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Charlarn's eyes widen. "Killing a dragon is no small feat, even a young one. A diviner would be good on this trip. You could find out where this Mirnot is hiding."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo takes a looks at Iggy and Sara. "A dragon you say? And a doppleganger. I use to tell a story to my older son with a doppleganger who have taken the place of a king. I thought those creatures were just that, bed stories."

Rinaldo stands up and shakes hands with the halfling. "Me it is Rinaldo, as my companion told. We just hunt down some goblins that was hiding in a moathouse, not talking of the fishmen who decide to join up to the party we had on a beach where the goblin were loading some stuff on a boat.

Personally, I am a spice merchant... I want to open a magic shop here, in Orussus. My cousin tought me some tricks that can come handy. I know many tricks that street rats knows. After all, as the saying says: 'it takes a thief to catch a thief'. Not that I have ever stole anything. But let's just say that I have more than a trick in my hat.

Charlan is a traveler and man of faith, and the blessing of his god have saved more than a live. Ashnar is an arcanist too, but I've seen him casting mainly offensive spells. More a war mage type than a diviner. And am I wrong to say that Sara is more the warrior type. AT least, she has the look and the demeanour.

That already make some variety of skills. It will be a nice thing, but with two aracanist, I would like to see one more men to take the front line so the caster doesn't get hinder by someone while casting. Too bad Somac is already gone, he would have been of some help on that."

Xael

First Post
Nezrak Duskstar, Grey Elf Wizard 2

Nezrak eyes the group gathering near one of the tables, and walks over there. "Greetings. I'm Nezrak Duskstar, a wizard, and I'm wondering if you might need an extra bow if you're going to hunt some bandits. I have mostly experience with some elementals, fiendish monsters and huge-sized spiders, but I think I could manage a bandit or two.", he says while tipping his hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads