• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of the Spider Queen - The Adventure

Ranger Rick

First Post
Looking at all of the mounts he pulls out what he feels (handle animal +5) is a decent mount and lets the horse get familar with him (handle animal +5), than he loads his stuff and than imself on the mount. "lets ride people."(ride +5)

wgreen

First Post
Kemble checks on his pony, Lucky, and swings easily into his saddle. He pulls from beneath his tunic a small silver pendant in the shape of a halfling's footprint and kisses it. "By the grace of Brandobaris, let this be an adventure to remember!" he says earnestly, his eyes cast heavenward, a smile on his lips.

Tyreus

First Post
Flar saddles up and listens to the others enthusiasm. I wonder if they really understand the ruthlesness of the drow... "Hopefully we will return with some good news." Flar nods his head and readies to leave.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Tyreus said:
Flar saddles up and listens to the others enthusiasm. I wonder if they really understand the ruthlesness of the drow... "Hopefully we will return with some good news." Flar nods his head and readies to leave.

"I would rather return with Drow heads on a Pike."

gabrion

First Post
Tyreus said:
"Hopefully we will return with some good news."

RangerRick said:
"I would rather return with Drow heads on a Pike."

Chance returns from the temple just in time to overhear these comments. As he checks over the mount provided he grins, "One and the same my friends, one and the same." He looks around to see who is present and noticing the silent woman has not yet returned, he waits for her before mounting his horse, wanting to keep the beast from any extra burden.

silentspace

First Post
wgreen said:
Kemble arrives back at Lord Morn's hall after a rousing bout of shopping, smiles broadly at Cade, and attempts to gently pet Fang.

Fang's teeth curl into a snarl as he bares his teeth and growls at Kemble.

"Go ahead and pet him," Cade says. "That's his happy growl."

When Nillas arrives and talks about the undead in the hills, Cade remarks "Zombies and skeletons? That shouldn't be so bad. Did she mention anything else?"

AmorFati

First Post
Nillas leads the ride southward. He follows a cart track most of the way, for about nine miles. He then leaves the tracks and head east on an overgrown trail. On the way he tells you more about his mothers stories.
"My ma always used to tell us kids to stay away from them crypts. Most people in this area like to pretend they are not there, 'cause of their bad reputation and all. No trouble has ever surfaced there before though, so when I grew up I just dismissed it as old-wives tales. I am not so sure anymore..."

You pass several homesteads on your way, most of them look abandoned, and some are even burned down. Nillas explains that some of the homesteads have been empty for years now, but not all. It is a couple hours before you arrive at your destination; the hills.

Before you, the trail winds past a low, rounded hill dotted with jutting boulders and dense briar patches. Sere grasses crown its barren slopes. Beyond this first rampart, a long chain of rugged hills stretch away to the south and the east - the Dagger Hills. The trail turns here and continues south, skirting the lower slopes.
Two old, small, stone buildings stand here in the shadow of the hill. The ruined shells of several more lie nearby, overgrown with tough brown grass. A niche has been cut in the hillside just past the two surface buildings. Within it, a stone door stands closed in a masonry alcove.

"The crypts." Nillas silently exclaims. "I'm not planing to stay around here for long, 'tis too scary. I'll be setting up camp back on the cart track. There's an old, abandoned windmill just north of where we left the track, I'll be there the next five days if you need me. Then I'll head back north to Dagger Falls and Lord Morn. Good luck friends!" With that he waves to you all and heads back the way you came.

silentspace

First Post
Cade watches Nillas go, then turns to face the crypts. Lance in hand, he approaches and searches the area, starting with the ruined shells first, then assuming all is clear, he moves on to the two surface buildings and lastly the hillside niche.

gabrion

First Post
Following their guide toward the dagger hills, Chance ponders what could be causing the recent drow activity. Could it actually be the beginning of an assault on the surface? If it isn’t that, then what could cause them to act so boldly? These are the questions floating through his mind and he hope the answers will be found before it’s too late.

As they approach the crypts and their guide departs Chance turns to the others, “I don’t know what you all have in mind, but I think we should set a guard watching those crypts and rest here for the night. If we stay close by we should be able to handle the drow if they emerge again this night, and the rest will leave us better prepared for an excursion into the crypts tomorrow.”

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads