• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of the Spider Queen - The Adventure

silentspace

First Post
There are many crypts here, any one of them could be the passage to the Underdark that the drow came from. There are those ruins, those two buildings, and that door in the hillside. And that's just counting what we can see from here. You can stay here and watch them all if you like. Me, I'm going in to get a closer look, and see if I can find out where they came from.

gabrion

First Post
"I'm not oppossed to searching the area, I simply meant that if we find an entrance to the crypts, venturing in after night falls may not be the wisest choice. Of course if you all wish to, I won't be the one to stop the group." He glances at the silent girl travelling with them thinking, The way she's dressed she must be some kind of magic user. I hope she will speak up if she needs to rest for the night.

SilentSpace:
[sblock]One definition of a crypt is an underground cavern. Considering the crypts we are dealing with are in the side of a mountain, is the word "cave" such a stretch? Cade has a INT of 18 right? That's a pretty high INT for someone who doesn't recognize a synnonym. :)[/sblock]

wgreen

First Post
"C'mon, let's quit dallying about and get in there! Take 'em by surprise, while they're still preparing for their raid!" Kemble chimes in, pumping his fist. "The last thing they'll be expecting is thirty" -- the halfling pauses to size up Cade -- "er, sixty pounds of halfling pain in the middle of their lair!" Kemble seems barely able to contain his excitement.

OOC:
[sblock]He's so excited, and he just can't hide it.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Ionna speaks her first words with the group, her voice hoarse from disuse,"There's always night under the dark. But when the sun shines above the Drow will be resting deep in their lairs, where they will be well hidden or well defended. Better by far to ambush them on their way to the surface than to fight our way into their stronghold. My spells are ready."

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
gabrion said:
"I simply meant that if we find an entrance to the crypts, venturing in after night falls may not be the wisest choice."

"Eh?" Cade replies. "I would say the opposite..." The halfling shrugs and continues his searches.

wgreen

First Post
Nephtys said:
Ionna speaks her first words with the group, her voice hoarse from disuse,"There's always night under the dark. But when the sun shines above the Drow will be resting deep in their lairs, where they will be well hidden or well defended. Better by far to ambush them on their way to the surface than to fight our way into their stronghold. My spells are ready."
Kemble blinks. "Uh...right. What she said," he says, pointing his thumb in Ionna's direction.

silentspace

First Post
wgreen said:
Kemble blinks. "Uh...right. What she said," he says, pointing his thumb in Ionna's direction.

Cade nods. "Alright, with Kemble, that's three for setting up an ambush instead of exploring further. I guess I'll go along with you then, ambushes can be great fun..." Cade gets a faraway look in his eyes for a moment... "So where should we set up the ambush?"

Nephtys

First Post
"Advance, then ambush. They expect an attack on the surface, but may think surfacers to cowardly to face them underneath in the tunnels above their cities. Explore carefully and we'll find a way and a place."

gabrion

First Post
Chance was hoping the woman traveling with them would speak up, but when she does her voice gives him the chills and he almost wishes she hadn't spoken. Even so, seeing that the group wishes to push on he adds his voice, "Well if everyone wishes it, lets search the area and see what our options are for entry points into the crypts."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads