City of Tomorrow OOC (DC/Blood of Heroes) {Game Started but accepting up to TWO others}

EarlyBird

Explorer
That would be 2 dice actions. Most people weigh 2 aps, so 2 aps of the power would make him "weightless" 5 aps sends him hurtling towards the ceiling at 3 ap speed.

So do one dice action this turn (make him wieghtless) , and hope I'm alive (or unstunned) to do the second one next turn. Is that correct?

I read up on some things and it says the power is automatic, but if you were going to use it this way the defender should get a chance to defend, Power (AV) vs WILL (OV)??

hero4hire

Explorer
So do one dice action this turn (make him wieghtless) , and hope I'm alive (or unstunned) to do the second one next turn. Is that correct?

I read up on some things and it says the power is automatic, but if you were going to use it this way the defender should get a chance to defend, Power (AV) vs WILL (OV)??
My mistake. The power is automatic. So you would be able to just use it and do a planned knockback on Electrocutioner in the same turn. No attack roll to effect a subject it just...happens. No roll required.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The power just happens, and he is weightless. Should the 12 I rolled be used to push him? DEX vs DEX?

Don't like it being auto push as that could happen to me!? LOL

hero4hire

Explorer
You still have to make a Physical attack to Push him. (Planned Knockback)That is a dice action.
I will probably penalize his RV for being weightless .

EarlyBird

Explorer
Peculiar - good word for it. I would say pain in the arse, lol.

If I were the GM I wouldn't want it to be automatic all the time. Give some crazy powerful super-villains a chance to resist it.

From the short two paragraphs in the rulebook it looks like it is mostly for use against inanimate objects; like trash cans, cars, and tanks. I will try and get some power tricks down so we can use actual powers and such for the effects. I wanted to use the weightlessness for some good posts anyway. I so want some to shot at 0/Gs and miss and talk about how we watched the bullets start to float about harmlessly. LOL

hero4hire

Explorer
I am going to give the system a shot before I start house-ruling.

Against anyone with Flight, it is fairly useless directly. I believe making people take falling damage (even in reverse) is considered killing combat, so there is that to consider.

hero4hire

Explorer
OOC: Alrighty then. I will want this to work so I'll declare the spending of some Hero Points prior to the roll.
And I think the speed will still be 5APs - What I used to get this started.
Ok here goes. [roll0], [roll1]

You mentioned wanting to spend HP.
So, I may reverse this later, but let's try to keep the rolling until your turn comes up, and announce the hp before the roll. That starts a HP "bidding war" where the involved characters go back and forth, possibly upping the HP spent. Plus rolling with your declaration can influence the players with higher initiative.

Also since you wanted him just weightless so you could push took only 2aps of power otherwise he would've flown up and away. It is just an automatic action for you though to change the aps. 5 speed would be 7 aps of the power.

Remove ads