City of Tomorrow OOC (DC/Blood of Heroes) {Game Started but accepting up to TWO others}

EarlyBird

Explorer
Oh I forgot all about bidding wars. Once when this was DC Heroes we got into a heated bid, how could I have forgotten that?

I didn't have my book (bu it is beside me now), and I was probably thinking of Karma rules, and that if I missed I'd spend HP to get me to the minimum hit.

Lots to work through here before we are firing on all cylinders. LOL - I also looked up Knockback and will have a few questions later today (want to goggle some - see if I can answer my own questions first).

EarlyBird

Explorer
Ok not much help online, but here is what I have come up with from the book.

So looking into Knockback (and getting visions of Justice League were Flash says "I just push people and run away." LOL I want to make sure I have this all right. It may be a major usage of 0/Gs power.

Round of Combat:
Planned Knockback:
- Automatic Action: Decrease weight
- Automatic Action: Move to target
- Dice Action: Push them; that is an AV (DEX) vs an OV (DEX) - possible bonus since they are floating slightly

If successful they receive Knockback of 2APs max (my STR) covering a distance of about 40 feet

Scoring any damage - They must first hit an obstacle or other character. The AV/EV is the distance covered (so no more than 1 or 2), and the OV/RV is the target's Body/Body.

So this is never going to do much damage (probably none at all most of the time), so I will use it normally as a way to knock people down, or mess up their upcoming attack.

Question: Once my Forcefield is up I don't need to use an automatic action every turn to keep it up, correct?

hero4hire

Explorer
Ok not much help online, but here is what I have come up with from the book.

So looking into Knockback (and getting visions of Justice League were Flash says "I just push people and run away." LOL I want to make sure I have this all right. It may be a major usage of 0/Gs power.

Round of Combat:
Planned Knockback:
- Automatic Action: Decrease weight
- Automatic Action: Move to target
- Dice Action: Push them; that is an AV (DEX) vs an OV (DEX) - possible bonus since they are floating slightly

If successful they receive Knockback of 2APs max (my STR) covering a distance of about 40 feet

Scoring any damage - They must first hit an obstacle or other character. The AV/EV is the distance covered (so no more than 1 or 2), and the OV/RV is the target's Body/Body.

So this is never going to do much damage (probably none at all most of the time), so I will use it normally as a way to knock people down, or mess up their upcoming attack.

Question: Once my Forcefield is up I don't need to use an automatic action every turn to keep it up, correct?
Force field does not require anymore actions.
Dice action is your Dex/Str vs their Dex/Body. With possible penalty to their RV for being weightless. The rest is correct. Any knockback damage is considered "killing combat".

Last edited:

Any knockback damage is considered "killing combat".
Does that include using the Throwing Maneuver? (That I've already declared)

EDIT: There's a side bar titled "Bashing Knockback" that starts with: "Optionally, Knockback damage should not automatically be deemed Killing Combat damage." It then goes on to say when knockback should be considered killing, and when it shouldn't, and ends with: "As always, the GM should make the final decision on a ruling."

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
The sidebar had a good point. You can pick up a battleship and hit someone and have it be bashing, so why not knockback...unless they hit something pointy.

Falling damage will remain killing, however.

hero4hire

Explorer
I am sorely tempted to have 0/Gs just transfer the points he spent on Gravity Decrease into a Gravity based Telekinesis.
The mechanics of the power just seems messed up. Auto action...no check...flinging people up at high speed. And...that's it. No pinning against the ceiling..etc. meh.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sorry about that, I really want the ascetics of the gravity decrease more than anything. I pictured him moon bouncing inside the force field as he moved, and when attacked any projectiles that didn't hit would float by.

It is what I thought to, you woud need "to hit" to fling a character making it a dice action, but not so much with inanimate objects like dumpsters and cars.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
It isn't your fault. I think I am going to have you use a Dice Action to use it on people. Maybe their Dex/Weight as OV/RV. RAPs will be the effect (you may always choose to use less RAPs).

Pinning someone to the ceiling can be handled as a Grapple.

Something like that...

Remove ads