• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City Supplement - Your favorite?

Captain Howdy

Explorer
City State of the Invincible Overlord is probably my favorite (and the best, imo) city. Runners up would be Bard's Gate, Freeport, and Sharn.

I love all four of those cities, but as far as the actual supplement, I believe that CSIO is the best.

T. Foster

First Post
Cities by Midkemia Press (later re-released by Chaosium, and by Avalon Hill as RuneQuest Cities) generic/RQ3
Thieves World by Chaosium (is the recent d20 TW a re-release of this product or something entirely new?) generic (includes stats for many games popular c. 1980 -- Basic D&D, AD&D1, T&T, TFT, RQ2, Traveller, C&S, etc.)
Pavis: Threshhold to Danger by Chaosium (later re-released by Moon Design Publications as part of Pavis & Big Rubble) RQ2
City State of the Invincible Overlord by Judges Guild (later re-released by Necromancer Games) OD&D/d20
Citybook series by Flying Buffalo generic

Those are my favorites

Last edited:

Odhanan

Adventurer
I really, really dig Laelith, Sharn, Sanctuary, Bard's Gate, the City State of the Invincible Overlord, and many others. Truth be told, I'm a whore for city books and boxed sets, but the one that comes far, far before the others to me is Ptolus. This is "my" city now. :)

Patrick O'Duffy

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
While I love the idea of Freeport, the current implementation of it has too many jokey elements for me (particularly given its Mythos elements). I'm hoping the new version later this year dumps most of that.

Without saying too much, I don't believe you'll be disappointed with the Pirate's Guide to Freeport.

(I think a certain sense of humour is important for Freeport, but it's a question of the degree and kind of humour involved.)

Remove ads