Classes

Sienna_Rose

First Post
You could do the 'classes' over the forums as well - that might be better, at least as far as scheduling goes.
Plus, if there is anything that some of us old timers are entrenched in, and it gets brought up, it'd do us good to know about it, eh?

Bhryn

First Post
I learned there was a couple of things I had entrenched in me that got me smacked on the nose, puppy style, for! ;) but apart from that, I don't know how much use I'd be, but I'd be willing to throw a couple of cents in when and as I can.

Reshak Delanier

First Post
bari said:

Wait...., or OOC classes about RPing?

Kinda funny. years ago, I made that suggestion to the Wizo powers that be. I offered up the idea that new players should go through an "RP for dummies" kinda class, or tutorial, run by a Wizo, to help them acclimate themselves to the world of online RP. This should be something that every new player would have to go through before they get to the actual RPing on site. Nothing extravagent or fancy, just a short bit to point them in the right direction. I figured that it really wouldn't be that difficult to put together, considering all you really need is an empty "room" and the new player and a wizo, working one on one, or a few new players and a wizo.

It was summarily dismissed as "too much work," and "not feasable." Go fig. Seemed to me that the little extra time it would take to make sure new players learn the ropes would be worth it, and make the role playing experience more enjoyable for the new players, as well as the current ones.

ehh.....good luck. like most good ideas, it will fade from existance before it gets started most likely.

((Is a pessimistic SOB sometimes, ain't I? hehehe))

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
We could do this in one of two ways:

On the boards where people will be able to chime in with constructive answers or questions

On chat with a scheduled time etc.

Or both. I'm up for either. ;)

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Reshak Delanier said:
It was summarily dismissed as "too much work," and "not feasable." Go fig. Seemed to me that the little extra time it would take to make sure new players learn the ropes would be worth it, and make the role playing experience more enjoyable for the new players, as well as the current ones.

At this point I feel that I, as a former WizO, should make it known that there were a lot of things that were dismissed as "too much expense" while at Wizards since ISRP had a very modest budget for reasons I won't go into and WizOs had to be paid for participating in an official capacity.

Thus it was considered an illogical spending decision to cut back on regular roof staffing or special events for established players and newbies alike so that a player who may or may not decide they like ISRP can monopolize a WizO for x period of time.

From a personal view I think that we already have a class on combat RP on the forums and a class on technical aspects of writing a description. The one written by someone who is not a Magi is at least as helpful as the one written by a Magi.

Surely some of you are still friendly enough that people feel that can come to advice on other aspects right?

Shadow Leaf

First Post
I think it might be easier on the boards, but then again, there may just be more new people coming directly to isrp...

I am game for either idea, maybe both, and when I have spare time I will try to help, but unfortunately my days are getting more and more filled, =(

Remove ads