• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic 1st edition AD&D Game

Mithreander

Explorer
The men that (now, it seems) everyone notices are 6 thugs. All of them wear leather armor, cloaks and an assorment of knives, daggers and stelettos. They seems to stop and discuss something among themselves as the adventurers seem to notice them. They do not seem to have an issue with the sword that Elana flashes. One of the 6 then leaves the others and heads off in a different direction. As soon as he's out of sight from the party, the party can hear him run.

That leaves 5.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lexander stops and stands his ground. He stares at the biggest of the thugs and says You there! What is your business with my companions and me?

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
One of them shrugs and moves forward of the rest and says "We have nothing to do with you and yours! We just have business with that man there." He points to Jasper. "He's unknown to us and needs to pay the visiting tax!"

Henry

Autoexreginated
(Elana stands with one arm hugging her rucksack, the other hand free and placed near her spell components.)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The little halfling turns his head. "Visiting tax? I've lived here most of me life, friend, so I'm not really a visitor."

OOC: Periodically slipping into thieves' cant, too, while I say that. Maybe they'll react differently once they recognize a fellow rogue.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Andrew D. Gable said:
The little halfling turns his head. "Visiting tax? I've lived here most of me life, friend, so I'm not really a visitor."

OOC: Periodically slipping into thieves' cant, too, while I say that. Maybe they'll react differently once they recognize a fellow rogue.

OOC: I think that's the problem, they already have. I think visitor tax, is code for guild dues.

Mithreander

Explorer
OoC: Correct-a-mundo!

The rogues, for they seem not to miss the thieves cant reply "That is indeed what we would like to talk to you about. IF you have lived here for a while then the tax may even be higher, for you are not recognized, and outside elements are... watched carefully, besides the visitors tax I had already mentioned.

OoC: I need to know if Jasper HAS been in this town that long (which I doubt), and if so, then if he's part of the thieves guild (which again, I doubt)!

Henry

Autoexreginated
(Elana wonders, being new in town herself, why this tax doesn't apply to her, but being broke, decides to stay silent on the issue.)

Remove ads