• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric Feats

Shadowbane

First Post
I'm submitting this feat list for analysis (For lack of a simpler phrase.)

1&2. Combat Casting, Improved Smiting (CD)
3. Empower spell
4. Maximize spell
5. Heighten spell
6. Quicken spell
7&8. Not sure. Mabye extended and persistent, some divine spells, or the spell penetration feats..

(Epic will include a whole bunch of Improved Metamagic to brake down spell costs)

lgburton

First Post
divine metamagic: quicken
divine metamagic: maximize
divine metamagic: reach spell
extra turning x3
combat casting
divine spontenaity

no particular order here... but i would alternate divine metamagics with extra turnings.

Last edited:

Shadowbane

First Post
I just have one last question. In my character's stats, there is a 12 on int. and a 13 on chr. Would it be smarter to switch them around so I could get combat expertise, or would leaving the 13 on chr. open up doors to more powerful feats?

TheGogmagog

First Post
Shadowbane said:
I just have one last question. In my character's stats, there is a 12 on int. and a 13 on chr. Would it be smarter to switch them around so I could get combat expertise, or would leaving the 13 on chr. open up doors to more powerful feats?
I don't know of any charaisma dependant feats.

I also would strongly second Thane's list. Quicken (for 1st level round/level spells that scale for level) and Extend for buff spells. Empower and Maximize arn't good for clerics. There are few spells that don't have better counterparts at or near those levels.

TheGogmagog

First Post
lgburton said:
extra turning x3
combat casting
divine spontenaity

no particular order here... but i would alternate divine metamagics with extra turnings.
I also haven't seen divine metamagic allowed in any game, but if your DM allows it then knock yourself out. Especially if he allows it without taking the prerequisite feat!!!!

Legildur

First Post
Shadowbane said:

1&2. Combat Casting, Improved Smiting (CD)...
Skill Focus (concentration) is a popular substitute for Combat Casting. That provides a constant +3 bonus to all concentration checks whereas Cbt Casting provides a +4 bonus, but only to Concentration checks for casting on the defensive.

However, this subsitution is no good if you need Cbt Casting as a prerequisite for other feats or PrCs.

Shadowbane

First Post
Shadowbane said:

1&2. Combat Casting, Improved Smiting (CD)
3. Empower spell
4. Maximize spell
5. Heighten spell
6. Quicken spell
7&8. Not sure. Mabye extended and persistent, some divine spells, or the spell penetration feats..

Here's a revised list based on your comments:

These, like Thanee stated, reflect the combat aspect of St. Cuthbert

1. Combat Casting, Power Attack
2. Cleave
3. Great Cleave

Up to this point Metamgic feats are kind of useless...

4. Extend Spell
5. Heighten Spell
6. Quicken Spell
7. Persistant Spell (CA)

I have a good feeling that Divine Metamagic will be outlawed... ;)

Tell me what you think!

MichaelH

First Post
lgburton said:
You do know that there is errata for Divine Metamagic that requires you to have the actual metamagic feat in order to take Divine Metamagic. So if you want Divine Metamagic: Maximize you also need to have the Maximize Spell feat.

gabrion

First Post
Shadowbane said:
I have a good feeling that Divine Metamagic will be outlawed... ;)

Tell me what you think!

If you think that will be outlawed, then I wouldn't even bother with persistent spell. If you have quicken it will serve the same purpose.

On another note, I think you would be better off as an Archer, picking up feats like Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid shot. It is imperitive that clerics stay alive in combat, so even if they make a super take, I think it is a bad idea for them to go toe to toe with the big nasty.

Play a Cleric Archer!

Thanee

First Post
Shadowbane said:
3. Great Cleave

Your feat choices are too tight for this. It's not that useful, really.

5. Heighten Spell

There is little point in taking this feat as a cleric.

Otherwise looks fine. Pick up Sudden Maximize instead of Heighten Spell.

EDIT: Oh, and Skill Focus instead of Combat Casting as has been said.

I would also get at least one Divine Feat, so you can always use your Turn Attempts.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads