• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cliche question: RttToEE => What char do you suggest?

I'm about to have my DM set my gaming group lose upon this module... anyone who played it has any suggestions to which class to play? We're starting out at 4th (normal) and most likely set in the Forgotten Realms Silver Marshes so...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

incognito

First Post
+1 ECL race monk. Look for a race with natural armor, and a net +2 or better stat bonuses.

I'd rather be a 3rd level (but 4 HD) high ability Monk, than a L4 standard race Monk

I think Lizardfolk work pretty well (+5 natural armor, +2 STR/CON (-2 INT), 2 HD, +4 racial bonus to Jump, Swim, and Balance)

Last edited:

Dark Dragon

Explorer
A sorcerer with Dispel Magic as a level 3 spell (if your DM uses later Harm as often as our DM...). Summon spells as a second option.

Ranged combat seems to be the better option for this module.

Have some charakters in reserve...:rolleyes:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Gnome druid riding on a reindeer.

Then, after he has died (hopefully) very, very painfully, you can make a real character like a sun elf enchanter with Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus. :D

Johno

First Post
I second the vote on a Cleric of Obad-Hai, with two non-opposing Elemental Domains.

Barring that, Aasimar paladin, just for the saves.

BTW, aren't Lizardfolk ECL +5 or something like that in the Dragon? +5 Natural Armour is a HUGE boost.

thegreatbuddha

First Post
I'd go for a 1/2 orc cleric with a Str20, Wis 15+, and access to the strength and war domains. The deity's favored weapon should be a greatsword. You're now a self-buffing medic/tank.

Power Attack and Reckless Attack (from the QF) are your 2 best friends.

wighair

Explorer
> I second the vote on a Cleric of Obad-Hai, with two non-opposing Elemental Domains.

Hey! I did exactly that too. With the extra turning. We never finshed it, but it was Ok as far as I went.

Something about the title of the scenario tells you you'll need something against those elements! ;-)

Remove ads