• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clockwork Lumberjack

DanmarLOK

First Post
Just a thought, instead of a log puller what about "gatherer" minions? They deal minimal damage but have an encounter power +x vs Reflex; 4 damage and target is pushed 4 squares. Tag in 10-20 of those in waves and have them shove the back ranks toward the boss like they were logs. :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
The aura should still be Fire damage.

You forgot to give the Repair drones any actual Repair ability. :)

Perhaps a more correct name would be INFECTED repair drones. ;)

I'm keeping the aura as Steam and Sparks to allow for a little more color and variety. If my players come up with various ways to defend against it (and I'd accept electrical or fire for partial), then more the better.

DanmarLok said:
Just a thought, instead of a log puller what about "gatherer" minions? They deal minimal damage but have an encounter power +x vs Reflex; 4 damage and target is pushed 4 squares. Tag in 10-20 of those in waves and have them shove the back ranks toward the boss like they were logs.

I like the idea, but I think it might be a bit extreme...and given that they've got a good street-sweeper in the Wizard, not likely that they'd actually survive long enough to do that. Or, alternately, they'd be too effective and I'd have a slaughter.

WizarDru

Adventurer
He worked like a charm, guys. Occupied the party without overwhelming him (though the Paladin got buzzsawed twice to evil effect) and the rogue managed to deactivate him and then fell prey to the planar, doing 35 points of damage (he has 34).

Fun was had!

DanmarLOK

First Post
Cool, I'm going to be using a rendition of this as a Level 12 Solo Skirmisher with level 6 Skirmishers as a finale for my group to find the tome they've been looking for. Constructs play a reasonable role in my world as guardians for the good guys so it fits right in. Unfortunately the guardians don't know my guys are some of the good guys.

WizarDru

Adventurer
One word of caution: this encounter was designed for him, so his low mobility of Speed 2 didn't hinder him. You may want to give him that or give him reach to make him a little more of a threat. I envisioned him like the giant crayfish he was modded from. Sort of a steampunk scorpion-drider, which a conveyor belt lined with buzzsaws on his back (which is how he can be huge and not have reach).

DanmarLOK

First Post
I boosted his speed to 3 and with a run that gives him 5, his melee basic's have reach 2 and he has writhing chains with a reach of 10 (they fought chain based constructs from the same artificer temple 2 months or so back so there's precedent).

He also has the ability to detach 'scamps' from his body at the cost of 40 health (he'll get 4 'free' ones at the start of the battle) but the scamps are level 6 skirmishers with a push 4 attack to herd the players toward him. (he can absorb these back as IR when bloodied The battle is going to be fought in a large "Room of the Tome" which has multiple pillars. The writhing chains will be able to grab the pillars that a character is hiding behind and yank them toward him. This reveals the character as well as generates a blast 3 between the pillar and the creature just as a freebie.

I think they'll find him quite formidable...

Remove ads