Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
~ Miriah, Forge & Froud

Seonaid said:
Miriah smiles in female companionship and shakes her hand surprisingly firmly. "Glad to meet you. I'm Miriah. What have you all got planned next? I can't wait to get started!"

"Well, if I understand my companions' intentions," Yara responds with a doubtful glance at the gnome, "They're interested in going back to get a ceremonial hammer from a huge dwarf. He came across it unlawfully and its original owners hired us to get it back. Unfortunately, we got distracted by the murderer. But with him behind bars, I think we should be good to give it another shot." The barmaid returned her gaze to the wizardess. "What do you say?"

~ Aerandir

As Lartis seemed preoccupied, Aerandir left him to his own devices to follow Piper. She led him through winding cobbled streets, deeper into the slums of the Cockscombe district. Beggars lined the stinking, narrow roads, and a brown layer of grime and dirt seemed to cover everything, even the people.

After a half hour of walking, Piper motioned to the fenced property before her and sighed. "This is the hall. It will need some work, but I'm confident it can be renovated into something more pleasing."

The iron-wrought fence that hemmed the land was covered in vines that obscured the view within the yard. Nevertheless, Aery thought he could make out the muted, drab foliage of an overgrown and untended garden that nearly engulfed the dark skeleton of a large three-story building.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The question is where do we start? I'll have to agree that the Dwarves we thought were the "bad Guys" turned out to probably be the wronged parties. But what do we dom about it? Forge grouses while nursing an ale.

Seonaid

Explorer
"Well, we right the wrongs, of course! I know it won't be as easy as it might seem, but I'm sure that once we figure out what's going on, we can sort it out with the appropriate people. I mean, dwarves are generally reasonable people." She smiles charmingly at Forge.

loxmyth

First Post
"But exactly where do we start?" Yara asked, using her fists to support her as she leaned over the table, frustration evident on her face. "They'll see us comin' a mile away if we go to the bar again. And we know pretty much nothin' about them." She paused and looked between her compatriots. "Unless any of you have any ideas on how to get us in there, unseen."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Through bites of pie, Froud says 'We could go in through the sewers, at least up to that alley where Forge made his valiant stand at the back door...'

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Forge almost shoots ale out his nose whae Froud mentions his "stand at the back door". I would think we need to be a bit more subtle than to come into the establishment reaking of the sewers.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Grinning, Froud replies 'They are dwarves, Forge, it's not as if they will notice anything beyond their own smell.'

Remove ads