• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
Yara's laughter joins with Miriah's as she regards Forge and Froud's antics, but after a few moments she's all business again. "Okay, we'll send Miriah in. The rest of us'll wait outside, across the street in an alley or somethin'. If Miriah sees 'em inside, she heads back out and we all jump 'em when they leave. Or maybe you want to lure them out with a taunt or something?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
loxmyth said:
Yara's laughter joins with Miriah's as she regards Forge and Froud's antics, but after a few moments she's all business again. "Okay, we'll send Miriah in. The rest of us'll wait outside, across the street in an alley or somethin'. If Miriah sees 'em inside, she heads back out and we all jump 'em when they leave. Or maybe you want to lure them out with a taunt or something?"
I think that would work. but lets leave the decisions to what occures when we get there.Miriah goes in and reports back to us. Than we make a decision as to what to do.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah claps her hands once. "Okay! When do we start? Should I prepare anything special? is there anything I should be on the lookout for?" She smiles, unaware that Mouse is looking her direction in a rather disgusted manner.

loxmyth

First Post
And so the quartet of adventurers find themselves standing before the forboding granite columns of Grundle's. The winding cobbled streets were moderately busy, with people of varying social stations almost lazily making their way up and down the streets. The weather was sweltering, and a pale mist hugs the ground and obscures the environment around them.

The entrance to Grundles is clearly visible, however. Even as they watch, a trio of orange-hooded gnomes push in the heavy stone door that swings inward easily and make their way into the pub.

Yara gives Miriah an encouraging squeeze on the arm. "Remember," she warns, "you just get a good look-see and come back to us. We'll formulate a plan and go from there. No heroics."

OOC: Spellcasters, If you want to change your selected spells, now would be the time to let me know. Just list your prepared spells, please.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah nods eagerly and then slips into Grundle's. She carries a modest purse at her waist and wears casual warm-weather clothing. Having never been here before, she stands in the doorway for a moment, taking in the scene.

[Prepared spells: Resistance, Detect Poison, Detect Magic x2; Comprehend Languages, Hold Portal, Shield]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Froud doesn't have any spells...and I never bought that cool clockwork thingies book from FFG, so my Mechanist is purely a roleplaying character at this point, being of less use than catnip at a dog show. Still, I'm having a great time... :D

IC:Froud checks his gadgets,tools and his ever-ready Spanner and smiles.'Ready to go!

loxmyth

First Post
Miriah entered the building her senses were immediately assailed: the sights of the clausterphobic stone-hewn walls that hemmed in the pub in all six directions, the strong smell of alcohol and wet earth, the sounds of dwarven voices raised in chanting and conversation.

The patrons who filled the bar were mostly dwarven or gnomish, and the single human who sat by himself in a corner, nursing a large stein was quite conspicuous. The majority of patrons wore drab-coloured cloaks or hoods, and the young wizard had a hard time distinguishing face from chiseled face. A number of gnomes turned to examine her as she entered, but none greeted her. There was a distinct air of something waiting to happen.

Then Miriah's eyes found what she was sure she had been searching for: a massive dwarf, over five feet tall, stood near the back of the place, surrounded by his smaller cousins. If he had seen the wizard enter, he gave no indication that he cared.

Seonaid

Explorer
Miriah walks in a little farther, Mouse riding her shoulder like a hawk. She feels a little conspicuous herself, being only the second human in the place. She wanders closer--but not too close--to the dwarves, trying to remain nonchalant, pretending to cast her gaze over the whole place, as if looking for someone. Someone I haven't already found, that is! She can't help but grin mentally at her espionage. She looks curiously over at the human, and then [unless something happens] shrugs as if the person hadn't shown up and strolls out. Casually, she hopes.

loxmyth

First Post
No one seemed to take notice of Miriah, except for perhaps the bartender, a gruff looking dwarf who wore his silver beard in two braids. He watched her suspiciously for a long spell while wiping down a dirty stein. "Can I help you?" he grumbled reluctantly, placing the stein on the marbled counter and leaning back to regard the young woman.

With a quick glance back at the large dwarf and his friends, Miriah confirmed that they showed no interest in her.

Remove ads