[Closed]Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery

loxmyth

First Post
Everything looks good as far as I can tell, Seonaid. Would you mind indicating how many ranks you spent on each skill though, just so that I can be sure? I am also assuming Miriah's major is Abjuration; do you have any ideas on what she would be working on as a thesis?

In any case, I'll work you into the game in the next couple of days.

Seonaid

Explorer
I added the skill ranks info, and put in a thesis. I do have a question though--I just saw that the characters are supposed to be in their *last* year . . . Is my age right? I mean, according to real life, it probably isn't, but according to D&D, it's also not right.

Last edited:

loxmyth

First Post
Well, your age is fine... with an Intelligence of 18, your character would be a certified genius and could have gone through schooling quite quickly. I've decided that the general age of your classmates is around 20 (or their equivalents, for the longer-lived races) but you can be slightly younger or older at your discretion; I'm not too picky! ;) Of course, feel free to change it if you need to.

bruin

First Post
I'm interested if you're still recruiting.

I've been wanting to play a low-level bard somewhere, so how about an elf bard studying the humanities or music. Being a bit of a bookworm, he likes a wide variety of intellectual endeavors; maybe in the spirit of the steampunk genre, he has some knowledge in engineering or mechanics and is trying to create a machine that will somehow automate writing or music.

If this sounds okay I'll work up the character tomorrow sometime.

loxmyth

First Post
Hey Bruin,

Yup, we're still recruiting. The character concept sounds fine; work him up and post him when you get the chance.

Page

Explorer
Hi all!

I'd be interested in joining up too, if you still have room. I was thinking of making a fighter class character of minor noble descent who was sent to the university to complete his military officer training. He would probably be studying something like the newest application of modern steam technology in warfare and combat tactics. If that sounds ok, I'll get started on working up a detailed character. :)

bruin

First Post
I've posted my character, Aerandir Lindithil, in the Rogue's Gallery

Loxmyth, I'd appreciate it if you could check on the age; I think you said somewhere that you wanted elves younger than normal? Also want to make sure that my skills and backstory are all right.

Badger

First Post
Still room?

If there is still room, I was wanting to throw my hat into the ring as well...:)

My idea is for a half-orc religion scholar, something along the lines of a military priest. His thesis would be how religion effects the abilities of soldiers in war.

Basically, I am trying to fill the priest niche, but have no idea of how clerics work in this setting. If there are no clerics, or white mages?, then I would still like to keep the half-orc, but change him to a fighter class.

Does it sound too unplausable/cliched'?

Badger

Remove ads