D&D 5E [Closed] D&D5th Against the Slavelords

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I was thinking about how you guys would like to handle Inspiration? I think with at least a good basic background (and those not familiar with Greyhawk can just use generic terms and we can fill in as we go) that you will start with 1. When you really play up your Personality Traits or Flaw, and its a good point in the story I will give another BUT I want you all to suggest it also ("Hey Dave really played the heck out of Two-Boars just now I think he deserves an Inspiration point")

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me. Haven't played much with inspiration.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde's father was a paladin of Pelor, and his mother was a cleric of the sun god, the sister of the duke of a minor duchy in the Kingdom of Furyody. When both his parents were killed in an undead scourge, Tiron was taken into the ducal household and raised as a son alongside the Duke's heir. Tirion followed in his parents' footsteps and dedicated himself to Pelor as a cleric. With the untimely (some speculate suspicious, but those are just unsubstantiated rumors...right?) death of the duke, thw duke's younger brother convinced the duke's advisors into a political coup, removing the duke's rakish and ne'er-do-well son and placing the duke's competent brother on the throne. The son immediately started a rebellion against his uncle, fleeing to the forest. Tirion supported the rightful claim of his cousin, perhaps a bit too vocally. His superiors in the church were afraid the new duke, never an ardent supporter of the faith, would punish the temple. For his own safety and theirs, it was "suggested" that Tirion should go on a traveling missionary journey. Preferably far from the duchy. Tirion eventually ended up in the Free City of Greyhawk when the depradations of the Slave Lords were at their height and was recruited to accompany the adventurers in their expedition.

3SpdDragster

First Post
I was thinking about how you guys would like to handle Inspiration? I think with at least a good basic background (and those not familiar with Greyhawk can just use generic terms and we can fill in as we go) that you will start with 1. When you really play up your Personality Traits or Flaw, and its a good point in the story I will give another BUT I want you all to suggest it also ("Hey Dave really played the heck out of Two-Boars just now I think he deserves an Inspiration point")

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me, I like the idea of players being able to "vote" to give inspiration to their fellows. Maybe use the XP/laugh notifications of most excellent posts?

OK how about - you learn 3 spells each level you advance, instead of two. You can also use some of your starting money to purchase additional 1st level spells for your spellbook for 40gp each and 2nd level spells for 200gp each.

That is more than fair. :)

Whoops. 3SpdDragster said nothing about being a Bladesinger. My bad, I got their posts confused with Zeromaru's. Well, as I said, Levanna is a utility wizard. If that's cool with everyone (including not encroaching on a party role of someone else), I'd love to play her. If it's a problem, I can play Cybil or a rogue.

At the moment I am tossing up between a Diviner or Warlock, the character concept I have is that of a Spy, focusing on disguise etc. I will cement it today.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Agh! Now agonizing over whether Tirion wears plate or not! None of the other versions did, whether because it wasn't an option or lack of funds lol So I'm not seeing him in it, but not really having a good reason not to...

Cathmore

First Post
First character idea: Huntsman to a noble family from the Dutchy of Urnst, he was sent to join the adventurers as a token of support to the cause. (Class: Ranger or maybe Oath of Ancients Paladin)

BlueLotus

Explorer

Thoughts?
Works for me. I'm probably going to expand Levanna's background a bit more either way.

At the moment I am tossing up between a Diviner or Warlock, the character concept I have is that of a Spy, focusing on disguise etc. I will cement it today.
Cool. Levanna is more of a bookish sage. She's driven by a burning curiosity, so knowledge and understanding are what she is all about. Magic wise, she'll focus on handy non-combat spells useful for a variety of situations and on controlling/debuffing spells in-combat.

[sblock=Portrait] CVmFQM4.jpg[/sblock]

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
With respect to traits, flaws, etc... how much are you a stickler for picking from the background. I chose the Gladiator Entertainer variant background and many of the points don't really work for my vision. Can we just pick them as we choose as a custom background?

GreenKarl

First Post
With respect to traits, flaws, etc... how much are you a stickler for picking from the background. I chose the Gladiator Entertainer variant background and many of the points don't really work for my vision. Can we just pick them as we choose as a custom background?

Not a sticker at all... pick as you wish, but you only get one feature, two skills (that fit), etc.

Remove ads