• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Closed - Grim Hyborian Tales - Game Thread Created.

ragboy

Explorer
Hey guys.

I got buried in 'real life' stuff this week. I mistakenly thought that because I was on vacation all week, that I'd get to spend time on this thing. How silly of me. After painting the house, cleaning it for holiday company and entertaining said company, this is the first time I've even got to look at my computer for almost the entirity of this week.... So, I guess we'll crank back up tomorrow.

Also, I haven't heard from Wulf. I'll e-mail him and find out if he's still interested in playing.

Anyway. Sorry for the delay.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Sorry guys, I popped in to snark and never checked back on the thread.

Can I get a quick (one post) recap of the PCs that currently exist? I'll fit something in and have it posted double-quick.

Old One

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Sorry guys, I popped in to snark and never checked back on the thread.

Can I get a quick (one post) recap of the PCs that currently exist? I'll fit something in and have it posted double-quick.

Wulf,

My knight is posted here: GT-Hyborian

Fenris is using his Pict woodsman from earlier in this thread...

~ OO

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Old One said:
Wulf,

My knight is posted here: GT-Hyborian

Fenris is using his Pict woodsman from earlier in this thread...

~ OO

Have we had any word on the slave girl?

I'd kind of like to play an enormous Kushite but I think we'd start to strain the credibility of the knight with this traveling menagerie.

EDIT: Let me make it a little simpler. I'm going to play someone very specifically large and melee oriented. I'm not particular on the ethnicity-- Kushite, Vanir, Cimmerian-- whatever.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:
Have we had any word on the slave girl?

I'd kind of like to play an enormous Kushite but I think we'd start to strain the credibility of the knight with this traveling menagerie.

My other idea was a huge turanian swordsman, and a traveling menagerie seems very Hyborian. I say play what you want to play and let Ragboy deal with it :)

Old One

First Post
Fenris said:
My other idea was a huge turanian swordsman, and a traveling menagerie seems very Hyborian. I say play what you want to play and let Ragboy deal with it :)

Yeah...what he said ;)!

Hyborian Tales are all about menageries and misfits :p...

~ OO

ragboy

Explorer
I'm down with the big Kushite. Old One's "knight" is a disaffected, dishonored sellsword now, so he has to make concessions in order to survive.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
ragboy said:
I'm down with the big Kushite. Old One's "knight" is a disaffected, dishonored sellsword now, so he has to make concessions in order to survive.

Ok, he's ready here then.
http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=2750055&postcount=3

Couple of points:

1) I wasn't sure what was up with masterwork equipment. If I have masterwork stuff, I can revise.

2) I picked Favored Enemy: Humans-- which I think is in keeping with Howard's depictions of Kushites, who seemed to be cannibals more often than not. I will be happy to narrow that down to "White Devils" or even further if necessary.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads