[CLOSED] Re-Recruiting - D&D 3.5 Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Time to get some fresh blood into Phlan!

My long-running Pool of Radiance campaign (started in 2005) has had quite some player fluctuation over the years (but that's to be expected in PbP, I guess, and the setting is perfect to accomodate for this), and a few slowdowns (some longer breaks on my end), but is still up and running and I would like to get things going at a more steady pace once more. That's where you come into play...

I'm looking for two PCs to join the party.

The new PCs will likely know each other (whether it is since days, weeks, or years, is up to you).

You will be 5th level (13,500 xp; standard treasure), Gestalt, limited to the original 2 base classes; one PrC is possible, but it will replace both classes for the levels in which it is taken; max. +1 LA; LA counts for both sides. No evil alignments. Attributes are determined with a mix of PB and dice rolling (see Character Creation notes in OOC Thread).

The current party consists of...

Eldwyn, a halfling Bard|Cleric
Emagor, a human Fighter|Wizard
Grynth, an orc Barbarian|Ranger

Two more characters, Dryw and Kordunn, are with the party, but the players had to withdraw from the campaign because of time constraints, unfortunately, and they will soon leave the party (in fact, Kordunn is already divided from the party currently, and Dryw will follow with the next IC post).

As you will see, the character sheets are not openly accessible, which means we will use PM (or e-mail) to discuss the specifics of your characters.

There is a lot of information to digest. The most important stuff will be found in the OOC Thread (incl. the House Rules) and much about what happened so far could be derived from the Campaign Info Thread.

OOC Thread

Campaign Info Thread

RG Thread

IC Thread 1
IC Thread 2 (current)

This game will run for several years still, so I am looking for players interested in a long-running game (which will occasionally have slowdowns, it's just the nature of it). Posting consistency is therefore important (it won't always work, but being around once or twice a week would be great).

I hope there will be some brave adventurers willing to take on this challenge! :D

If there are any questions, this is the place to ask. :)

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am interested in a Rogue/wizard, Human. How does that sound? I have some ideas as to his background, but I see that some element of secrecy is desired and so I will Pm it to you, if you wish. (and thank god for spell check!)
Scott DeWar

PS: My email is listed in my profile page.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I am interested (like I need another game) but I am too new to D&D to know what the two classes were, I could do whatever, it looks like you have enough people anyway, if you need me PM works best for me.

GM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hi Thanee I got Leif's summons and have been looking around at your threads. I wanted first to say congrats for having your game go on for over 5 years quite the accomplishment.

I also wanted to say that the detail you have put into this is astounding, so kudos again to you. :D

I will throw my hat into the ring and I'm glad I have the next two days off to look over all the character gene rules and houserules.

Will be waiting in the wings as I see some other great players are ahead of me, but will be here to play if needed.

HM
_

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
I am interested in a Rogue/wizard, Human. How does that sound? I have some ideas as to his background, but I see that some element of secrecy is desired and so I will Pm it to you, if you wish. (and thank god for spell check!)
Scott DeWar

PS: My email is listed in my profile page.

Sounds good.

The "element of secrecy" was an idea to make it more prominent that the characters do not actually know each other very well. So you cannot just look into the character sheets to find out what the other characters abilities are, but have to take what is said in the IC (or ask the character in question, if you are interested to find out more ;)). I thought it makes sense, and so did the original party (had put that and the Gestalt rules up for a vote back then), so we went with it. :)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Ok, with enough interested to fill the vacant spots (Malachai and Scott DeWar), recruiting is closed again.

[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION]: Taking Leif's broad hint (;)), and since I have seen you being a fun and consistent poster in the game we are playing together in, I will add you in as well. GandalfMithrandir seems to have his game plate quite full already, anyways, so I hope he doesn't mind too much. :)

Bye
Thanee

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great! - Glad you like the way I am playing Shaylir btw (wasn't sure you know.)

So then our three characters will know each other then? Have been adventuring together before meeting the others right.

I will have a concept and short background ready soon then and have it vague enough for add-ons.

HM
_

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A quick question or two:

For the random ability score modification, what do you use? Enworld dice roller?

oops, it didn't show them individually here. let me look in my profile . . .

yup, they are there: two 5's, two 1's and two 6's.

Does this mean +2 to strength, wisdom and charisma?

Last edited:

Remove ads