CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Game (ToEE)

Dichotomy

Explorer
Aeron pulls off a gauntlet and wipes his soaking face. He then looks at the bandits. "Oh, I thought you said you were... Yes."

The cleric of Pelor then checks all of the unconscious men, starting with the leader, to try to keep them from dying. Aeron's face is set as stone as he works.

[size=-2]OOC: Heal +8; dropping orisons for cure minor wounds if necessary to stop blood flow. Merely stablizing those unconscious, rather than waking them.[/size]

Rhun

First Post
Aeron does what he can to try to save any of the other bandits, but unfortunately, they are all beyond his power. Your party was simply too effective at eliminating your opponents.

Deren and Jinx follow along behind the priest, collecting what valuables they can from the dead men. A short while later they have added more coins and a couple of gemstones to the loot already found upon the leader's corpse.

OOC:

Loot found:
19 pp
37 gp
60 sp
55 cp
2 moonstones
Magic dagger

Experience:
540 each

Rhun said:
Deren and Jinx follow along behind the priest, collecting what valuables they can from the dead men.

OOC: Jinx was interested in the dagger and, feeling brave, flipped over the dead or dying leader to get the weapon. I don't think, though, that Jinx would pilfer valuables off the other dead brigands...at least not in view of others.

Adding the hefty pouches of coins he'd taken off the brigand leader to the pile of coins and item pilfered from the other dead, Jinx continues to hold the dagger aloft both in examination of the blade's detail and in question to the captured brigands who survived the battle.

Voadam

Legend
"We will dump the bodies in the marsh." Sir Merrick says then points to the leader. "Except for that one who has more answers lying in his skull. Priests can wring secrets from the dead. And compel it from the living." He turns back to the prisoners. "Start hauling the other bodies to the marsh, and do not make a run for it or I will cut you down. "When that is done you will carry Tovan back with us between the two of you, and then answer my questions more fully. Now move."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Deren blinks when he hears that the Bandit Leader is totally dead. "Oh," he says. "I guess there's not much point in asking him questions at the moment then, is there?"

As the others began grabbing the bodies, Deren hurries to B7. "Hold on a second!" He grabs his daggers and wipes them off on the bandit's clothes and then lets the prisoners get back to work.

"At least we'll be going the dry route, eh Jinx?" he says as he approaches the Gnome.

Jinx scoops up a spitting and hissing Bauble and roughly deposits the cat back into its riding pouch in his cloak. Darting to retrieve his misthrown dagger from along the far wall and replace the blade safely back in its belt sheath, Jinx rejoins the others. "Better that than the swim. Shall we retrieve the item I buried? I'd not want to go alone...there may be patrols outside this shambles of a moathouse."

After a moment's indecision, Jinx sees that no one is interested at the moment in the new dagger and so stores the dagger inside his backpack. Shivering with disgust at Sir Merrick's suggestion that the bandits' bodies by summarily dumped in the marsh, Jinx adjusts his mental opinion of the nobleman and makes a note not to swim in the surrounding waters a second time. So this bandy group's no better, really, than what we know of the Nine Fingers back in the Free City. A noble title's not worth much toward character and counts for naught in the heat of battle. A blade's a blade and death's death, and she comes to us all in the end. Jinx scuttles after the others and follows everyone out of the moathouse.

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Aeron checked each of the fallen enemies, he stopped for a small prayer for each as he found them dead.

The cleric joins the rest of the group after Merrick has given his orders. "I don't mean to be argumentative, but you may wish to consider the consequences of what has just happened. There are other members of this group within this place. They will know quite soon what has happened, if they do not already. We may be followed. Those that remain may strike somewhere in retribution. Perhaps they will simply eliminate any evidence of their intent or doings and vanish. Of course, we don't know. However, we might have...

"In any event, I doubt that I am fit to continue. I have nearly no remaining ability to heal our wounds. Bring that one,"
Aeron points to the dead leader, "if you wish. However, speaking to the dead is not as simple as speaking to the living. We may know too little about these bandits for the clergy to use their resources free of charge. That need might have been avoided..."

Voadam

Legend
Dichotomy said:
As Aeron checked each of the fallen enemies, he stopped for a small prayer for each as he found them dead.

The cleric joins the rest of the group after Merrick has given his orders. "I don't mean to be argumentative, but you may wish to consider the consequences of what has just happened. There are other members of this group within this place. They will know quite soon what has happened, if they do not already. We may be followed. Those that remain may strike somewhere in retribution. Perhaps they will simply eliminate any evidence of their intent or doings and vanish. Of course, we don't know. However, we might have...

"In any event, I doubt that I am fit to continue. I have nearly no remaining ability to heal our wounds. Bring that one,"
Aeron points to the dead leader, "if you wish. However, speaking to the dead is not as simple as speaking to the living. We may know too little about these bandits for the clergy to use their resources free of charge. That need might have been avoided..."

"True, if he had surrendered he would be alive as these two are. He chose evil to the last. Prophet, you know the divine mysteries. What is needed for a priest to speak with the dead? Do we need the body? Will a lock of hair or scrap of his clothing do? Quickly, as you say we do not have time to dally here and there is much to do." Sir Merrick's eyes do not leave the prisoners.

Dichotomy

Explorer
"I do not have the ability to commune with the dead myself, so I am not certain. We'd best bring the entire body, rather than risk being mistaken."

Rhun

First Post
Within relatively short order, the dead bandits have been dumped in the marsh, and the bandit leader's corpse has been wrapped in old tapestries torn from the walls to make ready for transport. The two prisoners stand ready to carry their former leader from the moathouse and back to Hommlet at your word.

Remove ads