• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED! Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA Game (ToEE)

Rhun

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Deren goes to the local store to find a couple of bells, some wire, and some cloth.

Deren easily finds what he is looking for, and it only costs him a few coppers for the needed supplies.

Rhun

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
You must to be kidding
Zirat replies
do you know who I am, I'm the champion of Chendl's arenas, I know how much a piece of stinking armor is supposed to cost, seeing all kinds of them before my contests ...
The big gladiator lands his fist on the counter angrily
Now I expect for a fair price or else …

"Calm, my large friend," says the trader. "You must realize, of course, that being so far from a major population center, we are forced to pay additional freight expenses on all of the items we carry. But perhaps we can come to an arrangement. I could go as low as say two hundred and seventy. I'll be taking a loss, but you are the champion of Chendl's arenas, after all..."

Jinx enters the Welcoming Wench and locates the barkeep. Seating himself at the bar and beckoning for a mug of simple ale, Jinx motions for the innkeeper's audience. In a quiet voice, Jinx inquires, "I'm in need of somewhere safe, somewhere secure to stash a few belongings...out of the public eye, if you take my meaning. Where do folk around here store their valuables, if storing is needed outside of the home? Have you a safebox in the inn proper?"

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Items purchased, Deren then returns to the Welcome Wench inn and orders some food as he waits as well for the 'interviews' and the chance to discuss tactics.

Rhun said:
"Calm, my large friend," says the trader. "You must realize, of course, that being so far from a major population center, we are forced to pay additional freight expenses on all of the items we carry. But perhaps we can come to an arrangement. I could go as low as say two hundred and seventy. I'll be taking a loss, but you are the champion of Chendl's arenas, after all..."

Oh.. OK, I'll settle on 270, but be sure I'll return if I'll find any defects
Zirat says in intimidating voice and hands the trader the money, he inspects the mail closely and return to the inn to try it on, he'll join Aeron downstairs for a meal afterwards.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Entering the Welcome Wench Jebediah goes over to see the innkeeper, "Is everything in order for this afternoons interviews" following the Innkeeper to the private room he sits done and motions for Thomas to stand guard outside. "Show them in Thomas one at a time if you please"

~~~~

OOC: Sorry about the delay I lost track of the thread and last time I checked you were all still slaughtering bandits. :D Jebediah will conduct an interview with anyone who is interested in the job offer, he will ask the usual questions as well as trying to determine if they know anything about the Temple (Inquisitor feat).

Rhun: I don't suppose you have any of the information Jebediah learn't through his question the locals, all I can remember is that he was warned not to trust the traders and that one of the local farmers seemed a bit suspect, and finally he would have pumped the Wizard Lord for any and all info regarding the Temple, symbols , it's members, clothing they wore etc.

Rhun

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Entering the Welcome Wench Jebediah goes over to see the innkeeper, "Is everything in order for this afternoons interviews" following the Innkeeper to the private room he sits done and motions for Thomas to stand guard outside. "Show them in Thomas one at a time if you please"

"Everything is in order, Lord Krane," says Ostler, showing Jebediah to a large, well-furnished private room. "I've set out flagons of cool water and ale, and platters of warm bread, meats and cheese. Should you and your guests require anything else, please let me know." With that, Ostler excuses himself to go back to work behind the bar.

OOC: It appears that, in addition to your companions, only five others have expressed interest in your interviews...more to follow shortly.

Also, I reposted Jebediah's investigation thread somewhere above...Post #18

Rhun

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Jinx enters the Welcoming Wench and locates the barkeep. Seating himself at the bar and beckoning for a mug of simple ale, Jinx motions for the innkeeper's audience. In a quiet voice, Jinx inquires, "I'm in need of somewhere safe, somewhere secure to stash a few belongings...out of the public eye, if you take my meaning. Where do folk around here store their valuables, if storing is needed outside of the home? Have you a safebox in the inn proper?"

"Ah, good master gnome, so good to see you." Ostler quickly brings Jinx a mug of foamy dark ale. He listens closely to Jinx's inquiry, nodding his head as he does so. "I do keep a small strongbox in the cellar, though I am afraid it will only serve for fairly small items. If you truly desire secure storage, I recommend speaking with Melubb the Moneychanger to the north of here. He rents safebox space in his strongroom, and his shop is guarded by a veteran man-at-arms and dogs."

Jinx quaffs a goodly swallow of the proffered ale, the places coins on the table to pay. Adding an extra coin to his payment, Jinx winks at Ostler. "Many thanks." Hopping down off the bar stool and ignoring the growls of Bauble, Jinx saunters over to where Deren sits inside the Wench. "The ostler recommends a bloke by the name of 'Melubb the Moneychanger' as being just the man we might want to seek out for the safe storage of personal effects. Says his shop is just north of here and a storage can be rented out in his strongroom, held under lock and guard by a man-at-arms and some dogs." Setting his mug of ale down upon the wooden table, Jinx continues, "Plain as day, I don't think highly of moneylenders in general--nasty lot they tend to be, greedy and merciless, but if we're truly in want we may wish to consider it." The gnome's eyes betray distaste and a brief flash of grief at the mention of moneylending, but soon enough this passes and Jinx brightens as he downs the remainder of his ale.

How much is ale again? Sorry.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Deren frowns as Jinx mentions the moneylender. "I've never trusted strangers with my money," he says. "With what little we have at the moment though, I don't think a moneylender is necessary yet."

Deren returns to his food, eating somewhat lazily as time slowly passes by. He is used to these moments of waiting and thinks little of it, chatting with Jinx if the Gnome is willing. Still, he keeps his eyes on the patrons of the Wench and attempts to determine if any are suspicious in any way. Maybe he is a little paranoid, but he liked to think of it as being careful.

Remove ads