• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Closed] The Standing Stone

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Alright, current concept is Earth-Child Fighter tank, if Earth-Child monster class is not allowed, then I'll probably use Goliath instead. Either way I'll go with a high AC/high HP tank suitable for standing in front of the party and taking hits.

ASuperHero

First Post
If I were to put together a Rogue/Ninja Gestalt would you allow Sudden Strike and Sneak Attack to stack (Flat-Footed oponents take +6d6 damage)? If so, I'll put somthing together. Otherwise, say hello to a Druid/Ninja!

Velmont

First Post
srd said:
Class features that two classes share (such as uncanny dodge) accrue at the rate of the faster class.

Most likely note. Even if they have not the same name, it is mainly the same feature, and thus, you would take advanatge of only the best of the two.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Lots of warlocks; hope no one thinks they are overpowered over here.

I have a proposal of a Human Paladin/Cleric (War, Strength) combination. A true holy warrior. I have flushed it out below.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Rayex said:
SG: Sorry, no changelings. The rest sounds fine, I love the idea of a Wizard/Warlock, but it's all up to you, of course!

OK, kewl.

I'm still playing with the concept: it'll either be a druid/warlock, a wizard/warlock or a doppleganger/warlock.
I'm currently playing a 15th level warlock on one of my PBP games and they're definitely not overpowered; their powers are so focused that they're useful only in certain situations. Now, with gestalt, it's going to be interesting... ;)

Rayex, when is the submission deadline?

Cheers,

SG

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hmmm

Is the Master of Many Forms PrC allowed? I realize I'd just be starting in it at level 6, but it seems like it'd be fun to try.

Or...hmm...will there be downtime to create things? I'd also like to try my paws at the Effigy Master PrC.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Alright, I've worked out Tanks both using the Earthchild monster class and with Goliath ECL and five Gestalt levels (depending on which rules you choose).

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Sounds like fun. :)

How much of a concept/character sheet do you need before deciding?

Alright, here's a first sketch (work in progress)... role would be a mix between tank and arcanist.

I have calculated base saves according to my understanding of the Gestalt rules, that you do not use the normal multiclassing rules there, but only look for good/poor progression (in my case it's Fort base +5 (6 levels of good), Reflex base +4 (2 levels of good + 4 levels of poor), Will base +5 (6 levels of good). Same with BAB, but with good BAB throughout, there wasn't much to calculate. ;)

[SBLOCK]Svenja
Female Human, Gestalt 2nd-Level Ranger/1st-Level Barbarian/2nd-Level Fighter/1st-Level Spellsword|5th-Level Sorcerer/1st-Level Human Paragon (XP 15,000)
Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 3d8+6 plus 2d10+4 plus 1d12+2 (49 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +6 armor), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+8
Attack: MW Falchion +9 melee (2d4+3/18-20)
Full Attack: MW Falchion +9/+4 melee (2d4+3/18-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Favored Enemy (human), Whirling Frenzy 3/day, Spells
Special Qualities: Wild Empathy +6, Combat Style (archery), Fast Movement, Ignore Spell Failure 10%, Summon Familiar (bat)
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +5
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16(18)
Skills: Bluff +13(9), Concentration +11(9), Handle Animal +5(1), Hide* +8(6), Intimidate +8(2), Jump* +3(1), Knowledge (arcana) +7(5), Knowledge (nature) +9(5), Listen[familiar within arm's reach] +8[10](6), Move Silently* +8(6), Spellcraft +9(5), Spot[familiar within arm's reach] +8[10](9), Survival[aboveground] +4[6](5); * Armor Check Penalty 0
Feats: Simple Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Light Armor Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Shield Proficiency, Track, Rapid Shot, Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Extra Rage, Arcane Strike
Alignment: Chaotic Good

~APPEARANCE~

Svenja speaks Common, Draconic and Giant.

Spells: As 6th-level sorcerer
Sorcerer Spells Known (6/7/6/4; save DC 14 + spell level):
0 - Detect Poison*, Detect Magic*, Light, Mage Hand*, Mending*, Message*, Prestidigitation*;
1st - Shield*, Enlarge Person*, Critical Strike [CV], Swift Expeditious Retreat [CV];
2nd - Glitterdust*, Bladeweave [CV];
3rd - Gaseous Form*.

* Arcane Spell Failure 0%

Equipment: MW Falchion, Composite Longbow (+2 Str), Mithril Shirt +2, Cloak of Charisma +2, Vest of Resistance +1, Headband of Disguise, Heward's Handy Haversack, ~EQUIPMENT~; 425 gp, 0 sp, 0 cp.

Noctra, bat familiar: Diminutive magical beast (augmented animal); HD 6; hp 24; Init +2; Spd 5 ft., fly 40 ft. (good); AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 17; Base Atk +6; Grp -11; Atk/full Atk -; Space/Reach 1 ft./0 ft.; SQ blindsense 20 ft., low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft., improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, speak with master; AL N; SV Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +7; Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 4.
Skills and Feats: Hide +18, Listen +14, Move Silently +8, Spot +17; Alertness.

Background: ~BACKGROUND~[/SBLOCK]

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Remove ads