• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

Gansk

Explorer
Ooc

Let's all give the 5 star thread contributors a big hand!

But there can only be one BoAA Idol. Call in with your votes for either Carrie or Bo ..... Oops! I mean Komodo or ugulu! Vote now!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Posting/Rules question (this is the right thread for that, right, or do I need more coffee?)

As we get into more large (and bigger) creatures, should we start designating location as (60N30E:55N25E) when we take up 4 or more squares.

Related note. I just had a large creature 5" step on the field. This could mean that his back half is still off-stage. Is that legit, or should large creatures be forced to make a full move action to get their entire body onto the arena floor?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Ooc

You always specify the lower left coordinate of Large and larger creatures. I suppose you could provide a spreadsheet-like range, but you should start with the lower left. Also, we've kind of adopted the third coordinate designation as e.g. 20Z.

They also cannot 5ft-step into the arena unless they will be squeezing (no leaving your butt outside). This is the way it worked in another battle anyway. I think it's mildly unfair to Large creatures, but letting them 5ft-step 10+ feet is not the solution either. Leaving them half (or more) out of the arena isn't good either.

Now, go kick some Neutral ass!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Welcome back! I hope your vacation worked out well! :)

Mechanus is eager to get her general back. Rusty is about to see if he can affect a chain golem. Enjoy!

Gansk

Explorer
Ooc

In order to conduct the Tournament of Champions, I have made my personal e-mail available, so no one has to pay $10 a year to contact me via the ENWorld Private Message service.

Now I'm sure that all of us are mature individuals and don't take this game very seriously, but let me state the following so there is no ambiguity - my personal e-mail is not to be used as a punching bag to vent your frustrations with the game, nor is it to be used like a complaint desk at your local department store.

If you are frustrated with my actions or with any result in the game, I would suggest that you do the following:

1) Take some time to really evaluate the source of your frustration. Perhaps you are just having a bad day?

2) If you are convinced that something is wrong or unfair, come up with a constructive solution and post it in this thread. Don't just complain and expect someone else to solve your problem. We will all evaluate your proposal and adopt it if it makes sense.

OK, I am now stepping off the soapbox. Resume the battle!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
OC
Gansk - I hope that last post is just precautionary and not from experiance here,
Im really enjoying the battles, and appreciate the amount of work you spend running it.
I certainly dont have enough of a personal stake in any of the many many battles to get that worked up over a rules call.
(i do love dragons though - and I get 3 (sofar) colors to play with :)
My general is partially stated up, but Im not feeling any rush.

ugulu

First Post
Gansk - just want to say "you da man" - I hope you're having at least enough fun to offset the pile of work you must be doing to keep things straight. The people who will benefit most (or, get pounded the most) in my case will ironically be my players, since getting rules knowledge drilled into me is really helping me fine-tune my monster know-how. I consider my next big challenges to be 'counting from zero' and 'remembering that left is different than right.' :)

Remove ads