• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

Greybar

No Trouble at All
from another thread:
PJSlavner said:
And now for something completely different.

Greybar, are you going to run Lawful Good in the semifinal round of TBoAA?

Yes. I see the new thread over there now.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Gansk said:
5) Pre-buffing spells and abilities can be cast on the creature or the creature's equipment before they enter the arena. For simplicity's sake, anything that normally lasts 3 minutes or longer will be assumed to have been cast, with 2 minutes subtracted from the duration. Any spell or ability with a shorter duration must be cast inside the arena.
What about spells and abilities that have a varied effect, such as resist energy? Such abilities should be assumed to not have been cast unless the general declares ahead of time which version is to be used.

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner said:
What about spells and abilities that have a varied effect, such as resist energy? Such abilities should be assumed to not have been cast unless the general declares ahead of time which version is to be used.

"Assumed to be cast" are probably the wrong words. In the Exhibition Arena, the "on-deck" creature is required to take an action every round to buff while the fighting is going on. In main battle, there will not be an "on-deck" process. When I announce the next creature to enter the battle, you will secretly list the buffs on the creature at that time. Your buffs are simply limited to the duration requirements I specified above.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
No children yet, perhaps by next year...
My vacation this week was back to the family farm. On Sunday since it was 95 outside, my Dad, wife and I went to Onondaga Cave
http://www.mostateparks.com/onondaga.htm
Then father took us on a wildflower hike outside the cave which he said was a "Biologically Significant" area, a meeting of glade, forest and wetland ecosystems.
Not a bad day :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads