Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

ugulu

First Post
PJSlavner said:
First take care of home, then work. TBoAA comes third. :)
Well, you can debate 2nd or 3rd I suppose...

I just figured (hoped) folks are running on summer hours and enjoying the break.

My time off is August 1 - 10, so that should help stagger the timing of who disappears. I'm off to Vegas again for what my wife is calling a "poker convention" (not that far off really: http://www.barge.org). First time I've been and I'm curious to see how many "named" folks make an appearance. First one I know of - Wil Wheaton is a past attendee and may show up again. Cool in a many-layered RPG/Trek/Poker sense. :)

Gansk

Explorer
I will also be in Vegas, starting August 11th, so I'll miss ugulu and Wil by a day. :(

I'll be driving from Vegas to SF on August 18th, and I'll be back home in LA by the 22nd.

ugulu

First Post
Heh - only TV I'll get on TV at this thing is if there is something on the local news about "...sunburned mob arrested for drunkenness"

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Whew. BLOG was us. It was a crazy day. I've only been with the company a bit over a year, but I have a feeling that some of the long-term employees just made a nice chunk of change, at least on paper.

Today is filled with meetings, but I'm hoping to sneak in some ENWorld tomorrow.

Ugulu: I'm envious - that looks like a huge amount of fun. Good luck at the tables and in the events between.

ugulu

First Post
GB - you a closet 'rounder'?

For anyone who cares: so far for the final tourney the names I recognize are:
Gavin Smith (Canadian, won a couple of World Poker Tour events; also the guest speaker at the banquet)
Andy Bloch (came 2nd in the $50,000 buy-in H.O.R.S.E. tourney in 2006)
Bill Chen (seen on the last season of High Stakes Poker)
Rafe Furst (one of the Tiltboys, part of Phil Gordon's home-game crew)

So I'm gonna have to roll quite a few 20's at this particular table to have a chance... :)

Gansk

Explorer
Greybar, your IPO made the financial news on TV. They said something about your competition was swallowed up by Hewlett Packard or a company like that.

ugulu, how many people are you competing against?

ugulu

First Post
The biggest tourney at the end has 206 people right now. The other ones are a 7-Card Stud tourney (about 80 people) and a mixed-game tourney with about 150.

In watching the listserv traffic around this I'm getting the distinct impression that poker is only a thinly veiled excuse to get the party started...

Remove ads