Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

Gansk

Explorer
Good & Evil 4e?

Is anyone up to running a Battle of Good vs. Evil 4e style?

I'm thinking the rules would be as follows:

Starting Band for Evil: Tiefling Wizard, 4 Kobold Minions, 2 Kobold Skirmishers, 1 Kobold Slinger

Starting Band for Good: Half-Elf Warlock, Eladrin Ranger, Dwarf Fighter, Human Cleric, Halfling Paladin

The arena would be the one with VZ strip. The strip would no longer dispel anything.

Each player would secretly designate one member of the band as the main opponent. The main opponent needs to obey VZ rules. The other members are not subject to VZ rules. If the main opponent is defeated, then at least one of the monsters entering the arena to take its place will be considered the new main opponent.

I will secretly give each player different options as to what type of monsters can enter the arena as a response to their defeated monsters. A player can replace one member at a time as each one is defeated, or can wait for multiple members of a band to be defeated and replace them with one stronger monster. Defeated monsters that are unconscious will be replaced, but they stay on the battlefield and can be healed back into action. Dead monsters are teleported out. If at any time every member of a player's band is dead, that player immediately loses the battle.

An encounter is defined as 10 rounds. Every monster except minions gets a second wind once per 10 rounds. Every monster starts with 1 AP and can gain another one if they survive 20 rounds. Every monster can use an untrained Wis check to heal unconscious allies if that ally has not used its second wind.

That's all I can think of for now.

Gansk

Explorer
Use this for monster stats.

Use this for rules and sample PC stats.

Use this for more rules.

To prevent initial rules overload, I've decided to pare down the starting participants.

Good: Eladrin Ranger + Halfling Paladin + Half-Elf Warlock

Evil: Tiefling Wizard + 4 Kobold Minions + Kobold Skirmisher

I think the sample PC's are more powerful than the monsters, so I will allow the Kobold minions to have 1 AP to compensate.

If your designated main opponent is defeated, you must teleport in a replacement - you cannot wait for a stronger monster.

Last edited:

Remove ads