• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter Two

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

“I had a feeling you’d say that my friend,” Keryth teases, as he reaches for his coffee. Taking a sip, he coughs for a few seconds, before he can manage to get a word out, “Well that’ll wake you up...even if you’re a week dead!”

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny manages a laugh at Keryth and it is the first time a smile has crossed her lips today. "I agree that our approach may not matter. And I also agreed that if we are not already being watched we will be shortly once we reach Foothills. If our server can be trusted in information, if we show up as we are currently, we'll be an obvious threat to his control. Of course, nothing says our server has accurate information, either. He did seem biased against his brother-in-law."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, roguishly sorcerous barbarian

Byntrou chuckles at Bahruul.

"Duly noted," he says. "Then we seem in basic agreement. Eat up, then, as who knows if we'll have the chance to sit down again anytime soon."

Byntrou takes his own advice, setting his attention on his food, eating his fill before he gathers himself up and prepares for to move on to Foothills.

D20Dazza

Explorer
"How long have we got our rooms for?" Bahruul asks as he finishes the last of his meal "Not that I've got anything to leave behind. I've just got to go up and get my axe and sword and I'lll be ready to go" Bahruul smacks his lips, pats his stomach and slides hie chair back "Good, Good" he shouts to the chef "The skinny one will pay" he says as he walks towards the stairs pointing a beefy finger at Keryth.

unleashed

First Post

“First time I’ve even been called that, though I suppose being around bous I do look rather slender by comparison,” Keryth chuckles. “Well I’m ready to go as soon as I finish breakfast...as for the rooms, just last night Bahruul.”

D20Dazza

Explorer
Not long after Bahruul has ascended the stairs he comes back down, but now he is dressed to kill "Come on then" he says seriously as he strides through the Inns front door and onto the street.

unleashed

First Post

Finishing up as Bahruul comes back down the stairs, Keryth heads over to the cook to pay their bill, before following the big bous outside.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The cook accepts the payment and gives a brief party words of good luck. The party leaves the inn behind them and easily departs from the town. After a full day's walk across the rugged mountainous terrain of the land the party can spot the small mining town of Foothills below them nestled in a valley. The town does in fact seem to be quite small. There are only a smattering of houses and only three buildings that do not appear to be residential buildings. All told, there can't be more than twenty roofs in the valley. Most of the houses have the windows shuttered and thus only pour out a small amount of light. The sun is descending quickly and the warm air of the spring was quickly turning to have a significant nip in the mountain air.

Although the party is still about a hundred feet above the town in elevation, they aren't unable to pick out any people out and about in the town.

unleashed

First Post

“Hmm, no-one about, I guess they’re all ensconced in their homes for the evening or something...” Keryth remarks, continuing down towards Foothills.

Remove ads