• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter Two

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny comes late to breakfast, clearly having just risen from sleeping. She looks physically prepared to leave, but mentally still wishing she was back in bed. Pwent does not yet seem to have awakened yet - even withthe smell of food wafting through the halls.

A man wearing a relatively greasy gray apron smiles to Bahruul as he comments about the spiders. The man had been just finishing up a conversation with a young couple sitting at a small table with two chairs on the opposite side of the room. The three seemed to be concluding a friendly conversation. Upon hearing Bahruul's comment the man nods to the couple and begins to walk towards the party.

"Ain't got no spiders this morn. But what we do have is bacon and eggs. I can give 'em to ya scrambled with the bacon on the side, scrambled with the bacon mixed in, over easy with the bacon on the side, or in a big ole omlette loaded with cheese. And unless you want ale to drink in the morning, you'll have to settle for some of the strongest coffee around. I warn you, it'll put hair on your chest."

He looks to Bahruul's exposed hairy chest and seems to nearly regret adding that last comment.

As if to disguise his possible faux pas he adds, "Don't see many of your kind around the mining parts. If you'll forgive my boldness, might I ask where you come from?" He is clearly speaking about the Boes in reference to his comment.

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

“Well I’ll get my order in before they answer, otherwise I may not be able to get a word in...an omelette and coffee for me, thanks,” Keryth says, sitting back.

Once the pair begin to talk to the man, Keryth turns to Destiny, “Didn’t sleep well, or is it something else Destiny?”

D20Dazza

Explorer
"One of each please my good man" Bahruul says hiding his dissapointment that there won't be any spider on offer "They all sound delicious. And make it a big cup of coffee please, or perhaps a jug would suit me better" Bahruuls eyes sweep the group, and he shrugs his shoulders "You try my exercise routine and see if it doesn't make you hungry."

Stretching his legs under the table Bahruul turns back to the chef "Our families roam far and wide following the cattle they herd which pays their taxes to the lords" Bahruul says, the hint of a growl deep in his throat "And don't get me started on that, tis a long story and one that has lots of bloodshed before the deal was struck".

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, roguishly sorcerous barbarian

Byntrou chuckles at his herdmate, then orders an omelette for himself. "It all gets mixed up in my belly, anyway. Might as well start out that way on the plate, eh?"

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

D20Dazza said:
"One of each please my good man" Bahruul says hiding his dissapointment that there won't be any spider on offer "They all sound delicious. And make it a big cup of coffee please, or perhaps a jug would suit me better" Bahruuls eyes sweep the group, and he shrugs his shoulders "You try my exercise routine and see if it doesn't make you hungry."
“Well you are a big lad...don’t want you collapsing from lack of food,” Keryth remarks, the corners of his mouth twitching upward.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny looks to Keryth and offers a half-hearted smile. "Just not used to sleeping in all these different beds. I slept alright, just a little stiff and tired, I suppose."

The fairly greasy man notes each of their orders and listens as Destiny herself orders a small omelette. As Bahruul tells his story he adds, "Shepherds, then. Well, don't get lost in the mines. These mines are far more dangerous than your average cave. The caves are made by the earth and it knows what it is doing. Mines are made by folks like you and me and aren't always constructed securely."

jkason

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
The fairly greasy man notes each of their orders and listens as Destiny herself orders a small omelette. As Bahruul tells his story he adds, "Shepherds, then. Well, don't get lost in the mines. These mines are far more dangerous than your average cave. The caves are made by the earth and it knows what it is doing. Mines are made by folks like you and me and aren't always constructed securely."

"But I've heard there are so many interesting things coming out of the mines these days," Byntrou says, slipping into tourist mode again. "It's sad to hear such a lovely location might be unsafe. Are there many people who find themselves lost in there?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"Well, to be honest we don't get too many tourists here. Most people don't go into the mines without being employed and knowing the dangers. Mines just aren't places that people stroll into easily."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou, roguishly sorcerous barbarian

Nonlethal Force said:
"Well, to be honest we don't get too many tourists here. Most people don't go into the mines without being employed and knowing the dangers. Mines just aren't places that people stroll into easily."

Byntrou feigns dissappointment at the information about dangerous mines. Then he brightens as he asks, "What about that little suburb I was hearing about yesterday ... Foothills? Is that a good tourist spot?"

Nonlethal Force

First Post
The greasy man looks to Byntrou with a simple look of confusion. "Well, most mines are pretty dangerous places - they just don't let people into them. Besides, the mines are privately guild owned. They cost a fortune to excavate and even more to upkeep. But the stuff that they dig out makes it worthwhile. They aren't simply going to allow access to an active mine to just anyone or else they'd have a problem of theft."

Remove ads