[COC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness

zombiedude

First Post
>>>>"No, thank you, " Thatcher says politely declining the offered cigarette while extending his hand to Rayburn. "Name's Thatcher Colt. Did a lil' flying for Her Majesty in the War."<<<<<

Shakes Thatcher's hand

"A pilot, eh? Never have flown a plane before, but I always wanted to try that wing walking stuff. There was a time I could think of nothing else." Seems to ponder a moment and says almost to himself, "Yes, there was a time. . ."

KitanaVorr

First Post
"Ooo, I knew you'd see it my way sooner or later," Roxie cooed with a lascivious smile as she patted Starkweather's cheek with one gloved finger before tapping Rachel's application. "And before you open your trap, I don't want to hear any more about no women on this trip. She's coming, as well as Tony here. That's three in all!"

Laughing happily, she sighed, giving Rachel a wink. "I think you're divinely talented, Ms. Paulos. Your accomplishments are just yummi! I'm so impressed. And it will be a grand adventure! Us girls making history and the cranky men who follow behind us."

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Richard smiles widely. "Well, that's settled then. You fellas let me know if you need a statement whipped up."

Turning to Thatcher, he extends his hand. "A pilot you say? Good to have another airman aboard. I did some flying myself during the War, but I didn't see much action because I came in late. Name's Rich Lawton."

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Mr. Moore quickly speaks up. "I have already looked over Miss Paulos' records and I must say that I am very impressed too. With her psychological and medical backgrounds, she could be of great assistance to our trip. She could work with Dr. Greene on providing our medical services. " Starkweather glares at Moore and then to Miss Paulos and then shrugs. "If I have to have a woman on this trip might as well take two. Hopefully they can keep each other occupied and out of the way. Ok Miss Paulos your coming along too. And Mrs. Rockefeller you can bring your thug along too hopefully he can help take up the slake for you. Now ladies we have alot of work to do. Mr. Moore will have you sign some releases and give you any additional information that you might need."

Fanog

First Post
Antonie quietly stands beside Roxie as the woman works her 'charms' on the men behind the table. He looks over thw crowd, until Roxie adresses him. He nods to her comment, but then rethinks this.

She's playing it rough. I guess she's made her point, unless... Unless she's waiting for me to drive the point home. Why else would she involve me in the conversation, does she expect me to say something? Would I screw thing up now by adding to her words?

Starkweather's words release Antonie from his torment as he settled things. The tension visibly drops from Antonie's face, especially when he hears that Roxie does indeed intend to take him with her.

Who's the other woman? Does Ms. Roxie even know her? Ah, probably not, ten to one it's just to tease Starkweather now that she has him by the balls. Haha...

Somewhere off, Antonie hears the words "flying" and "War" used in the same sentence. His attention is drawn to the conversation that the men behind him are having. Without actually looking, he follows their conversation. The talk of pilots and the War brings back memories for Antonie, memories he'd rather not have; The trouble with his family, his first flight in a fighter plane, and the horrible crash that doomed him...

Antonie cannot resist the urge to turn his head and look at the three men. From the very first look, he dislikes the man with the moustache. He sees before him everything that he could have been, everything that he failed to become.

Antonie doesn't have long to ponder, as Starkweather once more adresses Roxie. He glares a bit at the man for calling him a thug, but let's it go. He's been called worse, and the fact that he'll join the expedition makes up for it.
Antonie looks back to the man with the moustache, a look of determination grows on his face.

This is my chance, finally. Just wait, and they'll see...

KitanaVorr

First Post
Roxie exhaled, letting the smoke drift around the room. Her foot made little impatient circles in the air while she listened to the happenings around her.

"So what brings all of you on this trip?" she asked the others, flicking a stray lock of hair away from those forest green eyes. Her ruby lips slid over the shaft of the cigarrette holder, taking a long drag before releasing more smoke into the air.

"Fortune and glory?"

Yellow Sign

Explorer
"Mr. Richard Lawton?" calls Starkweather as Mr. Moore has Roxie and Rachel sign some papers.

"Mrs. Rockefeller, Miss Paulos. This hotel is going to be the headquarters for the Expedition." says Moore. "If you would both return here on Sept. 1st. We will then organized and prepare for our trip. We plan on leaving on Sept. 15th. Any questions?"

KitanaVorr

First Post
Roxie gave Starkweather a long and wicked grin followed by one bat of her thick eyelashes. "Just one question, honey. How much luggage you think you can fit in our little ship? I'm thinking of bringing my matching Fendi from Italy and it be a rotten shame not to bring the whole luggage collection. I'm sure I can come up with plenty of things to fill it with."

Her brows furrowed slightly and no one could tell if she was serious or not when she spoke again. "What designer do you wear on an Antarctic expedition anyway?"

EDIT: oops I thought Starkweather had spoken to her, she's talking to Moore, ok...editing
EDIT2: ok edited back to Starkweather since someone already posted - oops

Last edited:

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Rich steps forward with a wide grin on his face. Since Starkweather is still... occupied, he extends his hand to Moore. "I'm Rich Lawton, how do you do?"

Fanog

First Post
Antonie flashes a quick look at Mr. Moore and suddenly seems to be quite nervous. He turns his face away, stares out over the crowd, not looking at anyone in particular. A single bead of sweat forms on his forehead, which Antonie removes with an almost subconscious swipe from his kerchief.

Is he just forgetting me? Starkweather said I would go as well. He said that, didn't he... I'm pretty damn sure he said that... Ms. Roxie, this Miss Paulos, and me. We were all included. Has Moore just decided something else, or has he just forgotten? He must have forgotten... Damn man, you have to do something.

Antonie stands quiet for a moment more, trying to make up his mind. Then he looks at Moore again and to the floor after that. He coughs lightly, although he tries not to make it look too obvious.

Remove ads