• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Blah, sorry. :(

Dragon Speaker needs Spell Focus so that she can better overcome the dragon's spell resistance to heal, unless a dragon can voluntarily lower spell resistance. (Which I think that they could.)

der_kluge

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Blah, sorry. :(

Dragon Speaker needs Spell Focus so that she can better overcome the dragon's spell resistance to heal, unless a dragon can voluntarily lower spell resistance. (Which I think that they could.)

You mean Spell Penetration?

Ilium

First Post
From the SRD:
SRD said:
A creature can voluntarily lower its spell resistance. Doing so is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Once a creature lowers its resistance, it remains down until the creature’s next turn. At the beginning of the creature’s next turn, the creature’s spell resistance automatically returns unless the creature intentionally keeps it down (also a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity).
So you can lower spell resistance voluntarily, but it's not something you'd want to do in combat.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
der_kluge said:
You mean Spell Penetration?
You're right. Bad brain day. It's election season and I'm overwhelmed on the job here. It's likely a moot point unless the dragon's counting on having an adept heal him while in combat (unlikely).

Ilium

First Post
I shouldn't answer for der_kluge, but I will anyway. :) He's running a playtest right now over at the circvs. Pretty cool. The PCs have just gotten over the painted bridge and utterly failed to be stealthy going down the slope to area 6.

Remove ads