• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collected DDXP Preview Pages

Irda Ranger

First Post
They fit four levels of spells on one two-page spread?? Put another way, there are only four 13th level spells???

I'm not going to flip out and jump on the "4E sucks!" wagon over this, because I haven't seen the lists of rituals yet, but this may take some getting used to.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Dragonblade said:
Whoa! I just read that 1pp now equals 100gp!

And they have Astral Diamonds as a new currency where 100pp equals 1ad.

Interesting, that's new.
Those are good-sense changes.

And no we know what currency magical items are listed in! Currency must be more portable than what you buy, otherwise it's easier to revert to a barter economy. Your astral diamonds sure are lot easier to carry around 10,000 gp

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Irda Ranger said:
They fit four levels of spells on one two-page spread?? Put another way, there are only four 13th level spells???

I'm not going to flip out and jump on the "4E sucks!" wagon over this, because I haven't seen the lists of rituals yet, but this may take some getting used to.

You got to remember though, spells level with you, and you don't need as many spells since it is no longer, *use and spell is gone for day* so really the spell-list, would be a good amount of the spells from 1-30 could be in your spell-list if you wish when you reach that level.

In my books that is a good amount.

Benimoto

First Post
Scholar & Brutalman said:
Thanks. A pack of gnolls looks like it'd be pretty nasty! I'm glad they've reduced the armour list - there were too many armour types that no-one ever took after the first couple of levels.
Watch out, reading carefully, it looks like there are now 2-3 versions of each armor, which seem to be heroic, paragon and elite versions of that armor. For example, there's now Leather, Starleather and Feyleather. I do like that the obviously bad choices like splint mail are out though.

Did you notice, in the introductory paragraph, that you now add either your Int or Dex modifier to AC when you're wearing light armor? And that you add nothing when in heavy armor? I wonder if the choice between chain, scale and plate armor is purely movement speed vs AC, or if there's something else to it.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Irda Ranger said:

That's ok. With 3e and prior editions heavily stacked in favor of caster classes, they now are spreading the love around. It means more powers for the other classes but less for the traditional spell casters.

I fully expect the future Arcane sourcebook to be chock full of new arcane powers.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well certain weapons gain small side-effects why not armour. Perhaps things like, adaptability (the ability to attack things to armour), umm... Can't think of any other ones that come to mind, but I am sure there could be some.

Voss

First Post
Irda Ranger said:
Those are good-sense changes.

And no we know what currency magical items are listed in! Currency must be more portable than what you buy, otherwise it's easier to revert to a barter economy. Your astral diamonds sure are lot easier to carry around 10,000 gp

Yes. It looks like someone read the Economicon. No more crushing a merchant under a literal cartload of gold to buy a magic sword. Too bad coins are still ridiculously heavy, though.

Droogie

Explorer
Yikes. Looking over all the different monster powers makes my brain itch. :heh:

*gulp* They said running combat was easier, right? Less work for the DM, right? Right? :uhoh:

Remove ads