• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

College Football 2007-2008

drothgery

First Post
Lewis526 said:
Correction: How many of us, last year, [who don't live in Gainesville] could have predicted Florida's dominance over Ohio State? :D

I sure didn't (heck, I still think that game was something of a fluke). By what we'd seen on the field to date, the most likely outcome seemed to me -- and I think to everyone who wasn't a shameless Florida fan or stuck in the SEC Reality Distortion Field -- that Ohio State would win handily. Only Michigan had even given the Buckeyes a game; the Gators seemed very lucky to be 11-1 (I thought Arkansas was going to beat them in the SEC title game).

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
The weird thing this year is that the UF offense is *better* than it was last year...yet the defense is not as good as it was last year.

However, we in Gator country expect to win the National Championship again, because, well, we're getting used to winning national championships around here.

(Oh, and yes, we will be playing Ohio State in the championship game again, because it's what we do.) :D

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Whew! Tough first half for my Tigers. Couldn't believe they were losing to Tulane! But in the end they pulled it out.

Next week we have the Gator's in Death Valley.

Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait!

Geaux Tigers!

Dimwhit

Explorer
Crothian said:
Tough week to be in the top 10. :eek:

Anyone know if more Top ten teams have ever lost in a given weekend?
I heard that in Oct 2003 (forget the week), 5 of the Top 10 lost on the same weekend. If Florida or USC loses, that will be tied.

Crazy week. And Wisconsin came close to losing.

L

Lewis526

Alaric_Prympax said:
Next week we have the Gator's in Death Valley.

Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait!

Geaux Tigers!

You're a week late, Alaric. The Gators were Tiger bait this week. :D

On the upside, Gators, losing to Auburn worked out just fine for you last year.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Lewis526 said:
You're a week late, Alaric. The Gators were Tiger bait this week. :D

Well there's nothing like two weeks in a row. I've always enjoyed Fried or Blacken Alligator from the Chimes or Chimes East right here in Baton Rouge.

Great food and beer there, huge variety of beers form around the world. If any of you ever visit BR I highly recommend these places. The Chimes is right next to the North Gates of LSU on Highland Rd. Chimes East is a little ways away on Coursey Blvd, just to let you know; went there on my last B-Day in fact.

Crothian

First Post
Dimwhit said:
I heard that in Oct 2003 (forget the week), 5 of the Top 10 lost on the same weekend. If Florida or USC loses, that will be tied.

Crazy week. And Wisconsin came close to losing.

So did USC but the sounds of it. With 5 of the top 10 losing I have to wonder how high South Florida is going to go. They may be a true darkhorse team. They have games they can lose but could really go through it all unbeaten.

Remove ads