D&D 5E Complete Random Character Generator (2.0)

njbst18

First Post
Made more updates. All classes have paths randomly chosen now with eldritch knight, and arcane trickster getting spells chosen correctly also.

Attachments

• D&D 5e Random Character Generator 7.xlsx
    2.7 MB · Views: 407

Beltazar

Villager
Awesome program! WAY beyond my meager Excel skills.

I just have one question. Is there anyway to enter level/class/stats manually, if so, how do you do it?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

<Edit>
NVM. I figured it out. (User tab, top row)

This program is PHENOMENAL!!

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Go to the abilities reference and type them into the top bar. DO NOT SAVE THE PROGRAM.

[edit: I'll work on adding a USER TAB option for this].

jh

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
We had a request from Beltazar to add the option in the USER tab for custom naming options (including blank).

"Actually it is quite easy. I'll work on it over the next few days. When I first built this puppy, I had it set /everything/ to be random just so it would make a 1st level character. SinisterIntentions did the character sheet and started to add the upper levels.

Anyways, I'll put the function in the USER tab. I'll have a drop-down with the following:
1 - Random name
2 - Blank name
3 - Type in Name

Thanks!

Jay Hafner"

njbst18

First Post
I didn't get to the point of altering stats yet with the paths. Just made them choose a random one and in descriptions it fills in the names of the abilities that path gets as it levels up. I got busy and couldn't implement more yet. Through the week I'm going to try and get some of them done.

but first I want to implement the ability score increases. I'd like to have an option for feat choosing also but I'll figure a way to code that so we can add it easy later.

In this version I added ability score increases. This is building off of 7.3. I left it open that we can add feats in and we don't just have to use Ability increases. I haven't done any feat choices yet. And it doesn't read if the ability goes over 20 to put the bonuses somewhere else it just caps the ability at 20 for now.

Attachments

• D&D 5e Random Character Generator 7.4.xlsx
    2.7 MB · Views: 365
Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Good work :)

One other person was working on this as well. Ill have him PM you to avoid duplication.

I'm saving your version as 7.4.1 in my files.

I also put up a new sa,mple pic (in post #1 and here)

Jh

random%20character%20generator%20sample%20image.jpg

Last edited:

njbst18

First Post
Updated to have all paths shown like Arcane Trickster was. Wizard paths are not done yet and the druid needs fixed. It isn't showing the path features. I'll get it fixed later but wanted to post what I finished so far.

Calculates Ability score increases correctly now. If a stat goes over 20 the remainder of the bonuses go into the secondary main stat. I even left an easy way to get feats into the choice of ability increase or feat. I still need to look at the feats and see what feats go with what classes. i want to make it so the feats will correspond with the class choosing them.

Attachments

• D&D 5e Random Character Generator 7.41.xlsx
    2.7 MB · Views: 204

njbst18

First Post
Added a selection in User to choose a path as well as a class. It still needs work I noticed a few cleric ones weren't working. I didn't have the time to play with the code tonight to fix it and didn't try all the others yet.

Attachments

• D&D 5e Random Character Generator 7.5.xlsx
    2.7 MB · Views: 556

Remove ads