• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Scoundrel, Dungeonscape covers (and more)

Drowbane

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
All right, honesty and professionalism require me to say something.

I really shouldn't be on the cover of Dragonmarked.

It's true that I worked on it, but I didn't do much: A few PrCs, primarily. Normally, for the amount of work I did, I should only have an "additional design" credit on the inside credits page. Somewhere in the process, however, my name got added to the list of those to go on the cover.

Now, it's always nice to have a cover credit, but it wouldn't be at all fair to Keith, C.A., and Michelle--all of whom worked very long and hard on this book--for me not to say something. This book is, for all practical purposes, entirely theirs, and they should be the ones receiving the credit for it.

Such humility!

Sure you realize, Ari (mind if I call ya Ari? :D), that they put your name on the cover just to help sell the book!

Vlad Le Démon

First Post
The other one on the Cormyr book seems to have a great feat: he is fighting with a kama and a shield in the right hand and a bastard sword in the left one...Respect...

Wavestone

Explorer
I recently read an interesting popular science book about right-and lefthandedness..

When you think about it, you start to realise that there are a high ratio of left-handed characters on covers.. I assume that its because almost all paintings show right-handed characters, and that some images have been flipped before being put on the cover.

The book put some interesting things about how most people look at images - the majority of people focuses on the left part of the image first.

Case in point: Both Dungeonscape and Cormyr features lefthanded characters. By (presumably) flipping the images left-right, you make the image focus on the beholder (dungeonscape) and the onrushing horde of lizardfolk (Cormyr). Try imagine how the mirror images would look.

If one goes through book covers (and interior images), I'm sure you'll find a lot of (probably?) flipped images.. :)

Just some interesting food for thought. Several of these covers are great! Barrow of the Forgotten King and Dungeonscape in particular.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Wavestone said:
I recently read an interesting popular science book about right-and lefthandedness..

When you think about it, you start to realise that there are a high ratio of left-handed characters on covers.. I assume that its because almost all paintings show right-handed characters, and that some images have been flipped before being put on the cover.

Actually, there are quite a few left-handed artists out there who draw left-handed people. Des Hanley (who has sketched many a D&D Mini plus some other RPG book work) is left-handed, and there's a few left-handed minis due to his work.

Cheers!

Man I must have head my head stuck in the sand or someone has been messing with my memory. When did the Dungeonscape book get added to the schedule? And when is the release date for it? I normally follow all the upcoming products threads but somehow this one has slipped past me. The cover looks very cool indeed.

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads