[Conan] Saga of the Ages 1: A Cat in the Dark

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
As Santoro angles back towards the sound, he catches a momentary glimpse of something just out of his field of vision. Was that a man? Or just a figment of his imagination? Thorkin, meanwhile, presses on ahead, and sees the brush waving gently side to side, as if something had just passed. It could be the rain, but...

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Andrew D. Gable said:
Thorkin, meanwhile, presses on ahead, and sees the brush waving gently side to side, as if something had just passed. It could be the rain, but...

Thorkin will smile, swing his sword in a short circle and move towards the burshes, scan both way to see where the... "something" might be

Vigilance

Explorer
Santoro hisses "I see it too Thorkin", advancing toward the shadow alongside his friend, a dagger in each hand ready to strike or throw.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
On a rock near where Santoro heard the scrabbling squats a form, a gigantic manlike form with two shining golden eyes. "What have we here?" it hisses. "A half-man of the north, a Zamoran sewer rat, and a rotten dog of a Bossonian. Fine additions to my menagerie of would-be slayers shall ye be." It laughs a dry, rattling laugh. "For you have been sent to slay me, no? As have many before you, and many better than you, I assure you. It smiles. Thorkin dives at it, eager to plunge his blade deep into this thing's black heart. But as he does so, the thing merely laughs its hideously rasping laugh again and vanishes in a cloud of brimstone. "Fight this, man-things!"

From the grass off to the north scuttles a quartet of spiders, huger than any normal spiders have a right to be. Eight emerald eyes shine above their busily working mouth-parts. Their fangs dripping venom like two assassin's daggers, they fall upon you...

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Giant Spider #1: unhurt
Giant Spider #2: unhurt
Giant Spider #3: unhurt
Giant Spider #4: unhurt

Thorkin: unhurt
Santoro: unhurt
Balavous: unhurt

I won't call for the Terror Save for the undead guy until you actually fight him.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin attacks the nearest of the spider things "What manner of beast and madness is this?!? Die hell-spawn!

[Attack roll +9 to hit with the war-sword, 1d12+5 damage. With target shield Parry DEF of 18. If he has to dodge (he would prefer to use parry) DEF is 14. Armor Protection DR6. OCC - but I want a Fear Check, because if I succeed Crimson Mist!!!!! YEA ;)]

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
Stepping back to give himself room, Balavous quickly fires 2 shots into the dripping fanged maw of the closest spider.

OOC: rapid shot....at +8/8 d12+3....

Vigilance

Explorer
Santoro will take a 1/2 move back (20 ft. due to fleet-footed) then throw a dagger at the nearest spider (+7 ranged attack 1d4-1 damage).

If I can catch one flat-footed (doesn't sound likely) I will stand my ground and throw one hoping for sneak attack damage.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Thorkin lets loose a battle-cry of the North and throws himself forward at a spider, but his force is too great and he flies past it, nimbly coming to his feet in the grass. Balavous draws an arrow and lets fly at another of the spiders, two arrows raining onto the creature. It squeals and oozes black blood, but doesn't die. Santoro throws a dagger at yet another of the diabolic vermin, and he hears the crunch of an impact in its abdomen, but it doesn't stop coming. The spider Thorkin attacked wheels around and attacks him, along with one of its fellows, but the Vanir deflects the blows with his shield. Balavous and Santoro likewise dodge out of the way of the fangs of their attackers.

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Giant Spider #1: unhurt
Giant Spider #2: seriously wounded
Giant Spider #3: lightly wounded
Giant Spider #4: unhurt

Thorkin: unhurt
Santoro: unhurt
Balavous: unhurt

Karl Green