• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conlans Art Thread

Conlan

First Post
mythusmage said:
Conlan, How are you with dinosaurs?

I don't know... I've never drawn one. Probably not so good... yet! :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm hoping to have this request done by the end of this week!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Are you interested in reinterpeting some of the characters from the first D&D movie? Basically, I'm using Izmer in my campaign world, but I've advanced the timeline by 25 years. Attached are two pre-production images done for the movie. What I'm looking for from you, if feel up to it, is to age these characters 25 years, in appearance, and make them appear more "forlorn".

Let me know if you're interested in the challenge.

Cheers!

KF72

Attachments

• Ridley.jpg
    Ridley.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Savina.jpg
    Savina.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 104

Conlan

First Post
Knight, let me think about it, i'm not sure if that might be up my alley (that dress looks very... complicated, to color anyway) let me get through some these other ones first and i'll get back to you.

Bob I have three more characters to finish, Lodric, Fallax and the wolf. Lodric should be done tomorrow. Sorry for the long wait, I have not told about what happened to those final sketches of the characters. I was experimenting with differant paper to color on, turns out that glossy printer paper isnt so welcoming to colored pencil, so needless to say I've had redraw them AGAIN, oh well live and learn.

Fruk started sketching your character about a week ago in between Bobs request, I put down and forgot about till now, let me know what you like and what you want changed...

Attachments

• Laera Silverhand.jpg
    Laera Silverhand.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 130

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Conlan said:
Knight, let me think about it, i'm not sure if that might be up my alley (that dress looks very... complicated, to color anyway) let me get through some these other ones first and i'll get back to you.

No worries.

And feel free to reinterpret the characters clothing as you like. "Ridley" is a rogue/fighter/sorcerer, in my campaign, and is now 49 years old. He's been knighted but doesn't wear armor.

"Queen Savina" is an aristocrat/wizard/sorcerer, and is now 40 years old. She outfits tend to be less flashy, but are still "Royal" in design.

Anyway, take your time to think about it, and if you decide to try them then feel free to experiment. How you interpret them will likely be how I use them in my campaign. ;)

Cheers!

KF72

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Conlan said:
Fruk started sketching your character about a week ago in between Bobs request, I put down and forgot about till now, let me know what you like and what you want changed...
It lloks good so far. As far as changes: I'd like to see her have just a bit of a larger bust, not too big though. Her right hand needs to be finished. That is pretty much it.

If it isn't too much trouble though I'd like a different pose. Either her streched out against an adobe wall or perched atop a dark brown horse, whichever is fine by me. I'd be ecstatic if you did both.

Lalato

Adventurer
Hey Conlan,
I'm sure you're backed up, but I'll throw in some more practice for you...

Gnome Bard, instead of an instrument he carries a Short Bow. He's a percussionist so he might have a small drum strapped to his belt. He wears studded leather armor. His skin is tanned, but his hair is light. Now here's the hard part... he's riding a dog. Other than that you're free to interpret however you like.

Thanks,
--sam

Kastil

Explorer
Man...I don't come here often enough.

Awesome work Conlan! Your detail is wonderful and I love your style! You're a braver man than I.... All my artwork is hidden away.

Remove ads