• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale [ORG] - Closed

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
One last thing, I'll give you a little text from Paizo's website to whet your appetites...

The Bloodsworn Vale, once a waypoint on a vital trade route, has lain uncivilized for years. The roads are overgrown, and unsavory creatures have moved in, staking their claim to this forsaken land. Now, King Arabasti of Korvosa has decided to reclaim the vale and reopen the trade route. However, things haven't gone as well as planned. A work crew has been butchered. Caravans have been attacked. And the king is way behind schedule. Enter you and your band of adventurers!

ethandrew

First Post
YeOldeAlbatross said:
ethandrew, I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I think that's just a bit of a stretch. I'm gonna have to nix the hippogriff.

That's perfectly fine, it's probably better in terms of a quality caster anyway. I just liked the idea of riding a hippogriff into battle. I should have the character up pretty soon, I've got it statted out for the most part, just need equipment and one more feat.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
What sort of person would it have been appropriate for me to work for? A baron, duke, or king or someone else? This King Arabasti ? ...or is there a name that would be more appropriate or can make it whatever I want as it will not matter?

Are we going to start out knowing each other and/or working together or will we meet in this Bloodsworn Vale?

I have changed my history to reflect the Paizo blurb you posted with me working for the mentioned king.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
YOA: Do you mind if I change the Favored Soul class skill of Knowledge (Arcana) to Knowledge (Religion)? It just doesn't make any sense for a divine caster to not have knowledge (religion) as a class skill..

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
FreeXenon said:
What sort of person would it have been appropriate for me to work for? A baron, duke, or king or someone else? This King Arabasti ? ...or is there a name that would be more appropriate or can make it whatever I want as it will not matter?

Are we going to start out knowing each other and/or working together or will we meet in this Bloodsworn Vale?

I have changed my history to reflect the Paizo blurb you posted with me working for the mentioned king.
FreeXenon,

I'm tentatively okay with your character's background having ties to the afore-mentioned King Arabasti. If, however, I read something in the module that makes me think that's a bad idea, I'll let you know and you can maybe rework that to be a lower-level noble. To that end, I should say now that the adventure module was just released, so I'll enjoy reading that over the next couple of days. :)

As for your second question, I think it's up to the players to reach a consensus...however, I will say that it would be easier to jump right into the meat of the adventure if we say that the characters are already an established adventuring party. That's my two pence.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
YOA: Do you mind if I change the Favored Soul class skill of Knowledge (Arcana) to Knowledge (Religion)? It just doesn't make any sense for a divine caster to not have knowledge (religion) as a class skill..
Sure thing, that's not a problem.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Fair enough on both accounts.

What do you guys think about starting off together or should we do some RP'ing to have us get together and see how well our personalities mesh?

Boddynock

First Post
The woodsman strides into the village. He heads for the fountain in the square and stoops to wash the dust of travel off his face and hands. Then he finds a spot nearby to sit and rest. When he does, there's a flurry of wings, and a large, golden eagle alights on a nearby branch. They wait, content to see what the day will bring.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Boddynock said:
The woodsman strides into the village. He heads for the fountain in the square and stoops to wash the dust of travel off his face and hands. Then he finds a spot nearby to sit and rest. When he does, there's a flurry of wings, and a large, golden eagle alights on a nearby branch. They wait, content to see what the day will bring.
Hold up there, 'Nock, let me get an In-Character thread started up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads