Constables of the 14th Ward Part 3

Rhun

First Post
"Thank you, Matriarch," says Brae as the elderly woman leaves to go about her business. "Praise be to Meda." The young cleric moves to join Alarion in offering Raul his hand.

"How do you feel, friend?"

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier Monk L5

Raul takes the hands of Alarion and Brae and stands. Feeling his balance returned, he thanks his friends, "Many thanks to you all for bringing me to the temple of Meda. I feel almost normal, except for a weakness of mind and body. It will take some time before I regain my previous strength."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea kept her head bowed in respect throughout the ritual. While she was not particularly religious, she could still feel the faith and the power at work, and she had to respect that. Once things were done, she gave a whisper of thanks, and watched silently as Raul rejoined the world of the living. "Welcome back, constable," she said, her voice little more than a whisper- it was really the only way she could maintain her traditional stoic demeanor in the face of what she had witnessed...

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter watches anxiously throughout the ritual - his experience with calling spirits from 'other places' tells him that success here is no foregone conclusion. He heaves a great sigh of relief as Raul's eyes open and places a surprising gentle hand on his friend's back as the monk stands.

"Next time you decide you'd rather not walk somewhere, my friend, just ask for a lift. No need to go chopping your legs off to avoid the work!"

xedr

First Post
Darius rolls his eyes at the melodrama. "That's what we pay the insurance money for." he mutters, though he's careful to keep his voice low enough not to be overheard by the Matriarch. He also resolves to scold Raul about ignoring the order of march, but decides to save it for later. Maybe Iggy will save me the trouble, he thinks.

"Let's report to Iggy, get some rest tonight, and get back out there tomorrow to eradicate that infestation at the mill" Darius declares. "I could use a beer"

Fenris

Adventurer
Raul takes the hands of Alarion and Brae and stands. Feeling his balance returned, he thanks his friends, "Many thanks to you all for bringing me to the temple of Meda. I feel almost normal, except for a weakness of mind and body. It will take some time before I regain my previous strength."

"I thought the weakness in mind and body WAS normal for you" says Jonas with a grin clasping Raul on the shoulder.

"But come, Darius is right. Raul here needs a beer to celebrate his new life and we owe Iggy a report before Beaucephus can get to him first."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Jonas, I'm assuming that you're just kidding and making sport of your goblinoid assistant, because you do know, don't you, that Bocephus is deathly afraid of Iggy? I don't even want to think about what it would take to make Bo' voluntarily approach Iggy for a 1-on-1 heart-to-heart! There may be some who would seek to upstage you in reporting to Iggy, but Bocephus is decidedly not one of them. He wouldn't dare risk what small amount of goodwill he has built up with you by doing such a thing.

WHAT?? TOO PREACHY? Sorry, guys.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Brae smiles widely through his beard (which is beginning to look a little unkept) and claps his hands together. "Yes, a pint of ale and some food would hit the spot. But we should report to Magistrate Ironshirt first." Then he winks at his companions. "Let's just keep our report on the short side!"

Leif

Adventurer
Heading Home

From the Temple of Meda in the Ninth Ward, you make your way toward home in the 14th Ward, going from the Northeast corner of Lauraliesummerhome to the Northwent corner. To accomplish this with the least amount of trouble and iconvenience, you first head south into the Tenth Ward, and then turn west. One you are far enough along and just to the South of the Fourteenth, you turn back North and cross into home turf. The guards at the gate into the Fourteenth are very lax, in fact, you're a little bit surprised to actually see guards on duty here. ("I wonder what trouble this portends," you think to yourselves.) From here, it's just a very quick stroll to the office, and you pass all the usual faces (most of whom smile at you, but a few scowl and turn away quickly), and you are given the usual complimentary "perks," a loaf of bread here, a crumpet there, and so on. Before you know it, you're home again.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Jonas, I'm assuming that you're just kidding and making sport of your goblinoid assistant, because you do know, don't you, that Bocephus is deathly afraid of Iggy? I don't even want to think about what it would take to make Bo' voluntarily approach Iggy for a 1-on-1 heart-to-heart! There may be some who would seek to upstage you in reporting to Iggy, but Bocephus is decidedly not one of them. He wouldn't dare risk what small amount of goodwill he has built up with you by doing such a thing.

WHAT?? TOO PREACHY? Sorry, guys.

OOC: Oh of course. But that doesn't mean some Bravo might not get him to splill the beans to them and then THEY would happen to mention it to Iggy. Since Bo is about as loyal to us as a dog, in our sight ;) ANd if we couldn't trace it back to him, a few coins and a bottle of wine would turn that hobo's head in a second I think.

Remove ads