• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward Part 3

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=Leif and Fenris Only!]Oh lord, am I gonna have to start censoring Leif's outgoing mail?! :D Seriously, its all good, but now I gotta try and get things back on course.[/sblock]

OOC: If there are no objections, we'll advance time to early morning.

A large breakfast of staves and hotcakes is ready in the room used by the Constables at the back of the Polished Stave. As the Alpha's enter a group of Hobgoblins from the Bravo squad is just tucking into the impressive spread...

[sblock=Scotley and Leif]
What the regularity of dwarves is not germane to the game? You know Braz has a habit and making memorable entrances :p
[/sblock]

"Well looky here, the Bravos got our seats all warmed up for us. Shove over hobs we're not just taking care of the back up from a broken wagon." adds Braz squeezing his way onto a bench.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion walks into the room, accoutered in an impressive suit of plate-and-mail. Over it he wears a constable's tabard refashioned into a surcoat (that is, open down the middle rather than at the sides, as for mounted combat). He puts his shield and visored helm against a wall before walking over to the breakfast table to greet Braz and the hobgobs. "A good morn to you, my comrades-at-arms. I hope this day finds you well!"

Leif

Adventurer
Bravos at The Polished Staff

Grumbling, the Hobgoblins give way, grudgingly. De-Wayne Dumas, the most civilized-looking one of the bunch says, Scootch over, Gee-Wayne, the Pretty Boys are here," as he tries to burn holes though Alarion with his eyes. The immensely heavy-browed Bugbear scoots over as far as he can. "Aww, De-Wayne, why's I gots ta scoot so much? You know my arse takes up the whole booth anyway!"

Fenris

Adventurer
Grumbling, the Hobgoblins give way, grudgingly. De-Wayne Dumas, the most civilized-looking one of the bunch says, Scootch over, Gee-Wayne, the Pretty Boys are here," as he tries to burn holes though Alarion with his eyes. The immensely heavy-browed Bugbear scoots over as far as he can. "Aww, De-Wayne, why's I gots ta scoot so much? You know my arse takes up the whole booth anyway!"

"Ha" laughs Braz. "Sad day when my ugly mug makes you look pretty" retorts the dwarf to De-Wayne.

Through a mouthful of pancakes Braz replies to Gee-Wayne: "I can trim that arse of your with my axe so it takes up less space." mumbles the dwarf with a grin and a wink.

Leif

Adventurer
The Polished Staff -- Gee-Wayne Dumas

"You not so funny, Shorty," says Gee-Wayne with a hurt look in his rheumy eyes, but he does make an effort to make more room. He seems to have already eaten the better portion of at least one large sow.

Fenris

Adventurer
"You not so funny, Shorty," says Gee-Wayne with a hurt look in his rheumy eyes, but he does make an effort to make more room. He seems to have already eaten the better portion of at least one large sow.

"You not so bright or good with grammar Gee. But I like you anyway, long as you don't steal that plate of sausage. Pass it over or you'll be my height" says Braz with a friendly elbow to Gee-Wayne.

Leif

Adventurer
The Polished Staff -- Gee-Wayne Dumas

"Haw, haw! Ok, Stubby," says Gee-Wayne passing over the heaping platter of sausage (their third of the morning, btw) to Braz. "I kinda likes you, too. Whaddaya say, De-Wayne, can I keep 'im?" :D De-Wayne just rolls his eyes and pretends he doesn't hear.

[sblock=And subliminally you almost hear....]"And I will pet him, and love him, and I will call him 'George.' "[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
"Haw, haw! Ok, Stubby," says Gee-Wayne passing over the heaping platter of sausage (their third of the morning, btw) to Braz. "I kinda likes you, too. Whaddaya say, De-Wayne, can I keep 'im?" :D De-Wayne just rolls his eyes and pretends he doesn't hear.

[sblock=And subliminally you almost hear....]"And I will pet him, and love him, and I will call him 'George.' "[/sblock]

"Laugh it up fuzzball" replies Braz

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion shakes his head, but has to smile at the exchange. He helps himself to a heaping plate of sausage, eggs, and bread before joining the others. "If you think we are pretty, friends, you either need to have a cleric heal your eyes... or it has been far too long since your last visit to your favorite red-lit house!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Speak for yourself, Alarion! Anyone with eyes to see can tell I'm the fairest creature ever to grace this city!"

The huge barbarian runs a hand over his scalp as though running fingers through luxurious hair and makes a show of preening and posing.

Remove ads