• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Contemplating] Dragonlance Classics

Jarval

Explorer
Just a bit of fun, my best stab at Raistlin's ability scores, using 36 and 40 point buy:

36 Point:
STR 10
DEX 14
CON 8
INT 18
WIS 16
CHA 10

40 Point:
STR 10
DEX 15
CON 8
INT 18
WIS 16
CHA 12

Off hand, I can't remember the abilities of the Staff of the Magius, other than it's daylight and featherfall powers.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Here would be my best stat ups for Tanis and Sturm using a 40 point buy and a 36:

Sturm 40:
STR: 16 +3
DEX: 16 +3
CON: 14 +2
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 12 +1

Sturm 36:
STR: 16 +2
DEX: 14 +4
WIS: 14 +0
CHA: 10 +2

Tanis 40:
STR: 14 +2
DEX: 18 +4
WIS: 11 +0
CHA: 14 +2

Tanis 36:
STR: 14 +2
DEX: 18 +4
CON: 12 +1
WIS: 11 +0
CHA: 12 +1

Douane

First Post
@ GruTheWanderer:

Thanks for considering me a possible participant!

However, since my main interest would have been to play either Sturm or Tanis and you've got more than enough applicants for these two, I will retract my submission.

Good luck with the campaign!

Folkert

P.S. If I can be of any help to this endeavour, please tell me. [I've read the novels several times and possess almost everything ever published for DL gaming-wise.]

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hi Douane,

Sorry to hear it. I'll miss seeing your samurai avatar (I'm a big Kurosawa fan). I've also enjoyed hearing your perspective on the campaign.

I could certainly use your help on the other side of the table. I'm going to want to create a fair number of enemies with character levels. You could also help me run them in fight situations, or run friendly and neutral NPC's in dialogues.

Derek

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Hi Derek!

To be honest, I began to have doubts during the last days, whether I would be a good choice to play in your campaign. Perhaps I know the story and the setting a little bit „too" well, given multiple readings of the „Chronicles" and „Legends" and myself looking through all that DL gaming material. So a part of that necessary „sense of wonder" is simply gone.

Rather than letting this get to be a possible cause of disruption way down into the campaign, I thought it would be better to step back in time, especially when there so many others, like ErichDragon, who are really, really interested in playing Sturm or Tanis.

Concerning „the other side of the table": I would be glad to help in any way I can. Since I‘m still monitoring this thread, please so if you need anything or, perhaps even better, send an email my way: Folkert.Siedler@t-online.de

Folkert

Last edited:

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Still contemplating. I've been thinking about this for about two months, and I'm willing to wait until I feel I can do it right.

It looked like one of my current games was ending. If it did,@I would do Dragonlance. If not, I am not sure I can handle another game right now.

In the meantime, let's keep this discussion going. I'll try to make a solid decision by the 15th.

Here's a question for those with PbP experience: Should I set a limit on the number of fights (played out) per module? What type of fights are worth having in PbP, and what type are worth glossing over?

I should also ask, are there any concerns you would have as players or things you would like to discuss before deciding to play?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Here's a question for those with PbP experience: Should I set a limit on the number of fights (played out) per module? What type of fights are worth having in PbP, and what type are worth glossing over?

I would think all wandering encounters (or at least most) and any fight that the characters can handle easily. Well, actually, now that I think about it, that's a more difficult question than I thought. I'll have to think about it some more.

Also, don't feel rushed to get into this. You want to be ready 'casue this is a long commitment.

Keia

Victim

First Post
You could include every fight, but have the players exercise abstract control rather than minute tactical control. So round by round actions wouldn't be used as much as say "Tanis provides fire support with his bow. If someone is severely pressed, he draws his sword and counter attacks."

Remove ads