• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conversions of old spells and magic items?

Mortis

First Post
the Jester said:
Hmmm... not that I have seen... though the original 2e-->3e conversion doc had a list of new spell equivalents and some few notes on what not to convert, iirc (but it's been a really long time since I looked at it).
Thanks. Same here, I never really played 2ed (Imoved directly from OD&D to 3ed) so don't know if the schools of magic changed etc. It would probably be best to look at the spells on a case by case basis.

Regards,
Gary

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
shoot, i wish there was a Creature Catalog site equivalent for spells and magic items! if i had the time in my personal life, there would be. :D

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
dristin said:
Does anyone have a list that has the spells that were converted from 2nd edition to 3.5 and what they are called.

I am specifically interested in the Wizard Spell Compendiums Vol. 1-4 in second edition.

My GOD!! Do you how long that would take, just to revise???? :eek:

*thinking about it*

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Truth Seeker said:
No kiddin'
Well, if everbody did their bit to contribute, that would take a chunk out of it. I find it far easier to make/update spells than monsters, so I would gladly help out in said project, should it happen to gett off the ground.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Frukathka said:
Well, if everbody did their bit to contribute, that would take a chunk out of it. I find it far easier to make/update spells than monsters, so I would gladly help out in said project, should it happen to gett off the ground.

As tempting as this sounds, does anyone have a idea, to the actual count of these spells, that exist?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well... between the 4 books there are over 1000 pages, and most pages had more than one spell on them...

Remove ads