• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Except that
SRD said:
Unless otherwise noted, improved grab works only against opponents at least one size category smaller than the creature.
So a Medium blue-ringed octopus could only grapple Small PCs (and smaller).

Agreed on the deep-dwellers being very handy.

freyar

Looks like Con damage plus blinding. First off, let's modify the cloud, though:

Ink Cloud (Ex): A giant blue ring octopus can emit a cloud of milky-white ink in a 20 foot spread once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the giant blue ring octopus normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured. In addition, creatures within the sphere are exposed to the giant blue ring octopus's poison if they breathe water (either naturally or through magical means such as the water breathing spell).

freyar

Just noticed that something is really off on the HD/hp in homebrews (probably copy/paste). It should be 3d10+3 (19 hp).

Ok: poison should be injury or inhalation, maybe 1d2 Con plus 1d4 rounds blindness primary, 1d2 Con secondary? I could see going to 1d3/1d2 or at most 1d3/1d3 on the Con damage.

Shade

Monster Junkie
1d2 works. I could see going as low as 1, since it gets numerous attempts to envenom its victims in a given round.

freyar

Let's see what Cleon thinks. I suspect we'll go with 1d2 Con plus blindness/1d2 Con.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads