• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

Cleon

Legend
Well, I'll go for Fascinate. I'm undecided on Su vs Sp.

Fascinate (Su? Sp?): A hu hsien may fascinate a single humanoid within 30 ft. This functions as a charm person spell with a duration of 2d6 days, except that the subject becomes helpful rather than friendly. Also, the hu hsien receives a +4 racial bonus to Charisma checks if necessary to convince the subject to remain in her company. A DC X Will save negates this effect. [Either the bit about the save DC or the effective spell level.]

Looks good to me.

I'd prefer it Supernatural and Charisma-based.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That would be fine:

Fascinate (Su): A hu hsien may fascinate a single humanoid within 30 ft. This functions as a charm person spell with a duration of 2d6 days, except that the subject becomes helpful rather than friendly. Also, the hu hsien receives a +4 racial bonus to Charisma checks if necessary to convince the subject to remain in her company. A DC X Will save negates this effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Cleon

Legend
That would be fine:

Fascinate (Su): A hu hsien may fascinate a single humanoid within 30 ft. This functions as a charm person spell with a duration of 2d6 days, except that the subject becomes helpful rather than friendly. Also, the hu hsien receives a +4 racial bonus to Charisma checks if necessary to convince the subject to remain in her company. A DC X Will save negates this effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

That suits me.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Looks good.

Here's a stab at writing up the blessing/curse:

Touch of the Hu Hsien (Su): Three times per week, a hu hsien may attempt to touch a creature and bestow a permanent blessing or curse. The blessing takes the form of a permanent bless spell (caster level xth), while the curse is identical to the bestow curse spell (DC X, caster level xth). The save DC is Charisma-based.

Cleon

Legend
Looks good.

Here's a stab at writing up the blessing/curse:

Touch of the Hu Hsien (Su): Three times per week, a hu hsien may attempt to touch a creature and bestow a permanent blessing or curse. The blessing takes the form of a permanent bless spell (caster level xth), while the curse is identical to the bestow curse spell (DC X, caster level xth). The save DC is Charisma-based.

Looks alright to me!

Shade

Monster Junkie
I don't believe so.

Suggested weapons for the attack lines?

Skills: 11 at 9 ranks
Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot...

Feats: 3

Remove ads