• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
Updated. Anything left?

Shouldn't there be more mounts? Cayman society seems dependent on their beasts, and some historical "mounted" cultures had many more horses than people.

Maybe 2-12 riding lizards with a band, and 10-60 riding lizards plus 1-4 aurochs with a village?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Shouldn't there be more mounts? Cayman society seems dependent on their beasts, and some historical "mounted" cultures had many more horses than people.

Maybe 2-12 riding lizards with a band, and 10-60 riding lizards plus 1-4 aurochs with a village?

I've no objections. Anyone else?

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Any more Mystaran lizardfolk?

We've done the Krolli, but Mystara's Cayma and Gurrash Lizard Kin aren't in the CC yet.

Shall we do the Gurrash next, since it's mentioned in the Shazak entry?

I don't think so. We've now done the Cayma, Gurrash, Krolli, Shazak, and the Wallara.

I seem to remember when we were converting the Wallara of doing the linked wallaran spirits next but we chose to finish the remaining lizardkin first.

I guess we could do the wallaran spirits now, unless anyone has another suggestion.

Regards
Mortis

Cleon

Legend
Updated. Any more Mystaran lizardfolk?

Don't think so, we've covered the Croc-Men under the Gurrash.

Anyhow, the Cayman has a few problems.

It has an "In Mystara" section that's all about Shazaks! Better rewrite it to match the Cayman's Mystaran history.

They have Hold Breath listed in their Special Quality line and "As Characters", but no description of the SQ in Combat. Either cut that SQ or give it the Lizardfolk's version. I also just realized the Shazak and Gurrash are missing their Hold Breath description too.

Hold Breath (Ex): A lizardfolk can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to four times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.

The organization would read better with "plus 10-60 riding lizards and 1-4 aurochs

It should have cayman, not shazak, in the Skills "Because of their tails, shazak have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Swim checks."

There's an extraneous questionmark in "Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Gnoll, Orc, Undercommon?".

Remove ads