• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
Scalykind also seems an obvious choice.

Yes, I had Scalykind in a first draft and then cut it, because some of its spells didn't seem ti be of much use to a Cayma - it does't have natural weapons for magic fang, and if it's a high-ranker with an auroch it can't use the reptile-only animal spells on its mount.

I suppose it'll be useful for a Dinosaur-rider...

So, Animal, Luck, Scalykind, Strength and Travel?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Those domains sound right!

But I'm surprised you didn't want to add any of the riding animals to the org. What about this?

Organisation: Gang (2–3), band (6–10 plus 1 leader of 3rd–6th level plus 1 riding lizard), or village (30–60 plus 50% noncombatants and 2 lieutenants of 3rd–6th level and 1 leader of 4th–10th level plus 2-20 riding lizards plus 1 aurochs).

Last edited:

Mortis

First Post
But I'm surprised you didn't want to add any of the riding animals to the org. What about this?
Must have missed that. :blush:

Organisation: Gang (2–3), band (6–10 plus 1 leader of 3rd–6th level plus 1 riding lizard), or village (30–60 plus 50% noncombatants and 2 lieutenants of 3rd–6th level and 1 leader of 4th–10th level plus 2-20 riding lizards plus 1 aurochs).
That's fine.

Is it finished then?

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

I think all that remains is weight.

A cayman stands 1 to 2 feet tall with green or brown scales. A cayman can weigh from x to x pounds.

Cleon

Legend
10 to 20?

Regards
Mortis

That's a good deal heavier than the suggested 1 to 8 lb weight range for a Tiny creature. Scaling a lizardman down to 2 feet it comes out about 5-8 pounds (assuming it shrinks evenly in all dimensions).

Still, that seems awful light.

Maybe go for something inbetween, like 8 to 15 pounds?

Remove ads