Cooperative Item Creation

Bront

The man with the probe
*Poke*

One more needed, this proposal should come pretty close to something that was proposed and accepted earlier, so shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Proposal

Allow any PC to contribute any component to creation of a magic item (including XP and GP and prerequisites). All characters involved in the creation of them, who are contributing anything beyond financial (gp) components must work together for the entire craft period. In game, this means they must all spend 1 day per 1000gp of the base price locked away creating. Outside of an adventure, or when a DM permits the use of Craft Points in an adventure, the Craft Points must be paid by all parties contributing anything beyond money.

In addition the XP cost of the item increases by 20% per additional person contributing XP. If multiple people are contributing then they must pay the same amount.

Number of People Contibuting XP | XP Cost | Per person (split evenly)
1 | 100% | 100%
2 | 120% | 60%
3 | 140% | 47%
4 | 160% | 40%
5 | 180% | 36%
6 | 200% | 33%
7 | 220% | 31%
8 | 240% | 30%

As you can see with 6 or more people contributing there is very little additional gain.

Corollory: NPCs must voluntarily and without compunction agree to spending XP. A judge should okay any such transaction.

Note: A similar proposal was submitted and approved prior to the crash. I've done my best to reconstruct it based on my own intuition and resources. I think we need to hash this out completely from the ground up again as I know that I will have missed something.

I vote YES.

Added to the rules thead, but we should clarify one thing.

Does this now mean that anyone wishing to assist in crafting (Using assist another) now has to spend craft points? This should be clairified.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
This line should cover it "the Craft Points must be paid by all parties contributing anything beyond money." Do we need more?
Right--as per that line, anyone assisting would need to spend craft points (and they should--if they sat around for an equal amount of time using assist)

Remove ads