• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Corebooks in June!: News from the Alliance Retailer Summit

Despite the fact that I don't plan to buy 4E until it has been out for quite a while (I'm hoping to get the second printings that fix some of the errata), I think the slip case at release is a great idea. Kudos to WotC for doing that.

Olaf the Stout

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
The slip case release is definitely a good idea. If that wasn't an option, I would probably space out my purchases of the 3 books over a couple months, but now I'll almost definitely buy all 3 at the same time.

teitan

Legend
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Hmm, the Israeli translator said there was, along with a book on dragons and a book on martial characters.

How long a period did the Diamond summit cover?

I do remember the Draconomicon being on the list now but as I said before, I can't confirm a magical book on the list because I don't recall the full list. It was during dinner and I was also eating at the same time so I missed a few things from not paying 100% attention. I do know it covered until the end of 08.

teitan

Legend
Dave Turner said:
As an aside, the title of this thread is criminally, tragically ill-conceived. Teitan, you obviously felt strongly enough about the release news to put it in a huge font. It's the most interesting part of this thread, but it's not in the title. If you wanted to announce the June release, which you are clearly excited about, then why give the thread such a horribly boring title? When I first opened the thread, I wasn't expecting such big news. You have a genuine news scoop and you've completely buried it!

No, the thread was about my experience at the summit and not all of it was about the release. I emphasized the release being moved to June, yes, it was probably the biggest news of interest to members of this board but I also mentioned the other bits I remembered that haven't been addressed on these boards. Sorry my title offended your sensibilities. I'll retitle it if I can.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Ive gotten approval from my players to buy the 3 core books off the bat. Hopefully they are around €30 each.

Looking forward to it, my games have been dragging for a while now as they are combat heavy. In some two hour sessions only around 18 seconds of game time passes.

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
vagabundo said:
In some two hour sessions only around 18 seconds of game time passes.

Yeah, my group gets a little perturbed by that – have a 2 hour (real time) combat, to realize after the epic battle that 24 seconds went by in game time.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
teitan said:
I do remember the Draconomicon being on the list now but as I said before, I can't confirm a magical book on the list because I don't recall the full list. It was during dinner and I was also eating at the same time so I missed a few things from not paying 100% attention. I do know it covered until the end of 08.
You should have been standing on your chair, pelting them with dinner rolls, and screaming "TELL US WHEN GNOMES WILL GET A FULL PHB-STYLE RACE WRITE-UP!"

Of course, I've only been to one of these things, many years ago, but I'm sure that would have been OK with everyone.

Rykion

Explorer
Spinachcat said:
2) Amazon will be the better option.

Already Amazon is offering deep discounts on the PHB and MM with a 5% bonus for pre-ordering. Once the DMG gets listed on Amazon, it will be a $30+ savings and free shipping when you get the three books at once. Essentially, buy 2 get 1 free.

I can't imagine many people in the US passing that up to pay full price at the game store just to have the books on Day 1 vs. Day 3.
Every time I've pre-ordered a gaming book from Amazon, I've ended up canceling because they didn't get the books in until weeks or months after their release. It also often takes 5+ business days for Amazon to ship books that are listed as in-stock when using the free super saver shipping. I wouldn't bet on Amazon getting you the books on day 3, as it could take a lot longer.

Remove ads