Craft/Time Point Proposal & Discussion

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Something else I should say--players are free to mix and match between in-game and out-of-game crafting.

Have two days in the adventure to craft? Then you can finish 2/16 of your +4 Belt of Giant Strength, and later after the adventure, you can cash in 14 craft days to finish it off.

I was typing while you posted this... does answer one of my questions. :)

Erekose13

Explorer
I think its an interesting proposal, especially when you take into account that we can also tie in the Eberron planar conjunctions to real time days. I think we've got it to a point that we can at least start trying it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I think its an interesting proposal, especially when you take into account that we can also tie in the Eberron planar conjunctions to real time days. I think we've got it to a point that we can at least start trying it.
Yes--I'm definitely looking forward to figuring out how to tie in the conjunctions. I'm thinking we need to tweak it like I proposed earlier in discussion, though, or we won't see any conjunctions (I believe I proposed that the time between conjunctions speeds up at a rate of 10x, and all coterminous and remote periods last a minimum of one RL week and a maximum of the amount of time they're supposed to last with the 10x speed up)

Patlin

Explorer
Tying in the conjunctions could be tricky... if they are based on real time, some character may experience them for months while others would only experience them for minutes!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
Tying in the conjunctions could be tricky... if they are based on real time, some character may experience them for months while others would only experience them for minutes!
Yup, it could be wonky. But on the other hand, we don't want someone to stumble into the tavern yelling 'Dollurh is coterminous! The undead are coming' while someone else shakes his head and says 'Nope, it's remote. Don't worry dude'

I'm picturing the ability to make metasetting events (like the ones proposed in LEW but never actually done) where some dangerous plane becomes coterminous and everyone is affected.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, what about crafting non-magic items?

according to this system, it takes 2 days to craft a suit of plate armor

Craft points, it takes 150

RAW, it takes, just under 5 weeks

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Ok, what about crafting non-magic items?

according to this system, it takes 2 days to craft a suit of plate armor

Craft points, it takes 150

RAW, it takes, just under 5 weeks
According to this system, it takes the RAW amount of time to craft a suit of plate armour. If you ramp up your craft skills, you can go faster, of course--it takes a long time, just like in the normal game, but you can make huge amounts of profit if you are willing to wait it out, without paying XP.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
According to this system, it takes the RAW amount of time to craft a suit of plate armour. If you ramp up your craft skills, you can go faster, of course--it takes a long time, just like in the normal game, but you can make huge amounts of profit if you are willing to wait it out, without paying XP.
Actually if I read Patlin's summary of the proposal correctly, it would take less because of the 1000gp of base price per day. This should be distinguished as 1000gp base price per day for magical items, and some wording of the craft skill usage for other items. I would also like to see how an artificer's Craft Points tie into this proposal.

The co-terminous idea probably should be in an another thread/proposal.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Actually if I read Patlin's summary of the proposal correctly, it would take less because of the 1000gp of base price per day. This should be distinguished as 1000gp base price per day for magical items, and some wording of the craft skill usage for other items. I would also like to see how an artificer's Craft Points tie into this proposal.

The co-terminous idea probably should be in an another thread/proposal.
It should be 1000 gold per craft day for magic items, yes, and you can spend a craft day for Skill Check x DC copper or 7 craft days for Skill Check x DC silver worth of work. Basically, craft days are like virtual normal days and so they work just like the normal system except that you can save them up.

I agree that the conjunctions is another proposal--we'll deal with that later :)

Remove ads